Thread: The Borax Conspiracy: How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

Default The Borax Conspiracy: How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

Walter Last
    no date

You may not be able to imagine that borax, this humble insecticide and laundry detergent, has the potential of singlehandedly bringing down our entire economic system. But you do not need to worry, the danger has been recognised and the necessary steps are already being taken to defuse the situation. I will start with the basics and you will understand what I mean as the story unfolds.

Borax is a naturally occurring and mined mineral salt and the source of other manufactured boron compounds. The main deposits are in Turkey and California. Chemical names are sodium tetraborate decahydrate, disodium tetraborate decahydrate, or simply sodium borate. This means it contains four atoms of boron as its central feature combined with two sodium atoms and ten molecules (or sometimes less) of crystallisation water. All borax is naturally mined, there is no synthetic borax, the difference is only how much crystallisation water it contains - decahydrate means 10 water molecules, pentahydrate means 5, and anhydrite means 0 water; chemically it is all the same.

Therefore, borax is the sodium salt of the weak boric acid. Because sodium is more strongly alkaline, this makes a solution of borax strongly alkaline with a pH between 9 and 10 (pH 7 is neutral). When ingested, it reacts with hydrochloric acid in the stomach to form boric acid and sodium chloride. The boron content of Borax is 11.3% while for boric acid it is 17.5% or about 50% higher. Ingested boron compounds are rapidly and nearly completely excreted with the urine. Formerly boric acid was widely used as a preservative in foods but is now banned for this purpose in most countries, and is also banned from public sale in Australia.

Read more: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: The Borax Conspiracy: How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

Some highlights:

-Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive, releasing too much parathyroid hormone which raises the blood level of calcium by releasing calcium from bones and teeth. This then leads to osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis, osteoporosis and tooth decay.

-
    Being such an excellent fungicide it is not surprising that borax is being successfully used to treat Candida.

-
    Borax, similar to the equally endangered Lugol's iodine solution, can also be used to remove accumulated fluoride and heavy metals from the body (14). Fluoride not only causes bones to deteriorate, but also the pineal gland to calcify and the thyroid to become underactive. Borax reacts with fluoride ions to form boron fluorides which are then excreted in the urine.

This is fascinating! I actually took low dose boron for a while until I found out that it can increase estrogen levels. As I was already battling sky high estradiol, I stopped it. Also interesting that boron supplements don't have the same benefit as borax (due to ionization) as far as fungicide etc. I also know that too much boron kills plants and you can't use it with septic tank systems. After reading this, I may reconsider but use borax instead of boron.

I agree, mellowsong - fungicide for candida? Awesome. Thanks Islander - you the bomb dig !!

What sunflowerz said!
    Putting this one in my fight infection file for fungus.....

I have 20 mule team in the laundry room - cocktail anyone? oooh, can I add some to sangria, maybe?

Hmmm, sangria... almost time to pop open the first of last fall's honey wine....

Credit goes to Stoneharbor for alerting me to this article. At first I was skeptical but it's well documented.

But how do you know how much to take? I take boron supps so I can regulate the dose - how much borax would you need?

Islander, Walter Last has a lot of interesting articles. He is the source for Schweitzer's solution, the one for itching. Was going to send you some in a little plastic bottle, but the postage was way more than the contents were worth!

Aww, thank you for the thought, Julieanne. Even domestically, postage rates have gone up alarmingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    But how do you know how much to take? I take boron supps so I can regulate the dose - how much borax would you need?
    What and How Much to Use
    In some countries (e.g. Australia, NZ, USA) borax can still be found in the laundry and cleaning sections of supermarkets. There is no "food-grade" borax available or necessary. All borax is the same and "natural", and usually mined in California or Turkey, whether it has been packed in China or any other country. The label usually states that it is 99% pure (or 990g/kg borax) which is safe to use, and is the legal standard for agricultural grade borax. Up to 1% mining and refining residues are permitted. Boric acid, if available, may be used at about ⅔ the dose of borax, it is not for public sale in Australia.
    Firstly dissolve a lightly rounded teaspoonful (5-6 grams) of borax in 1 litre of good quality water free of chlorine and fluoride. This is your concentrated solution. Keep the bottle out of reach of small children.
    · Standard dose = 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of concentrate. This has 25 to 30 mg of borax and provides about 3 mg of boron. Take 1 dose per day mixed with drink or food. If that feels right then take a second dose with another meal. If there is no specific health problem or as a maintenance dose you may continue indefinitely with 1 or 2 doses daily.
    If you do have a problem, such as arthritis, osteoporosis and related conditions, menopause, stiffness due to advancing years, and also to improve low sex hormone production, increase intake to 3 or more spaced-out standard doses for several months or longer until you feel that your problem has sufficiently improved. Then drop back to 1 or 2 doses per day.
    If you want to try the higher doses recommended by Earth Clinic for treating Candida and removing fluoride from the body - using your bottle of concentrated solution:
    · Lower dose for low to normal weight - 100 ml (= 1/8 teaspoon of borax powder); drink spaced out during the day.
    · Higher dose for heavier individuals - 200 ml (= 1/4 teaspoon of borax powder); drink spaced out during the day.
    Always start with a standard dose and increase gradually to the intended maximum. Take the maximum amounts for 4 or 5 days a week as long as required.
    Borax is rather alkaline and in higher concentrations has a soapy taste. You may disguise this with lemon juice, vinegar or ascorbic acid. Keep the bottle with the concentrated solution out of reach of small children.
    Borax and boric acid have been classified as reproductive poisons in Europe, and since December 2010 are no longer available to the public within the EU. Presently borax is still available in Switzerland (15), but shipment to Germany is not permitted. In Germany a small amount (20 - 50 grams) may be ordered through a pharmacy as ant poison, it will be registered.
    Boron tablets can be bought from health shops or the Internet, commonly with 3 mg of boron. These contain tightly bound boron not present in ionic form as with borax or boric acid. While suitable as a general boron supplement, I do not expect them to work against Candida and mycoplasmas, or as a quick arthritis, osteoporosis or menopause cure. Most scientific studies and individual experiences were with borax or boric acid. To improve effectiveness I recommend 3 or more spaced-out boron tablets daily for an extended period combined with sufficient magnesium and a suitable antimicrobial program.

Thank you mellow for that explanation. Think I'll switch to borax when I have finished the boron caps. Though the Life Extension supps (I haven't started yet ) have 3mg boron, it sounds as though it's OK to do both. I have quite severe osteoporosis, so need all the help I can get.

Am reading part of the Earth Clinic question/answer section. Erin asks if she can mix it with Crystal Light? If her diet includes the chemical toxins of CL, why is she even trying? I am sorry to say - stupid is as stupid does.

ETA: I love the many folks complaining of stomach distress and WILL NOT CONTINUE. I wonder how much processed foods they eat at each and every meal? Fast foods? Those toxic drinks? But THIS they must stop. Personally, I feel my diet was the cause of my issues/ill-health. There was some burn off when I eliminated those dreadful items from my diet - but not ONCE did I say "ooo, clean veggies are causing gas, I better stop eating them" and reached for a canned veggie?!!?!
    Last edited by sunflowerz; 07-17-12 at 09:52 AM.

I picked up a box of Borax from the supermarket and mixed up a bottle of the solution. I began taking it according to directions yesterday. It does seem strange to be drinking a dissolved laundry powder, but a day and 3 doses later, I'm still upright. At a tsp./litre, this 2.15-kg. box may well be a lifetime supply!

The topic of this article I just found warrants bringing it back to life. I ran across it while wandering aimlessly through old forgotten posts. I remember reading about Borax many years ago, but my naturopathic mind was not developed sufficiently enough to harbor any arousal of interest. Upon bumping into this post, I clicked on it to satisfy my curiosity, and I found it fascinating. I was however left slightly confused as to the preparation, dosage, and why the detergent powder is favored over the supplement, as it seems there are different opinions on the powder, boric acid, and boron. I am interested in this, but I want to clearly understand what and how to administer it safely and effectively.
    “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison." ~ Dr. Ann Wigmore

@wr: I do not profess to know much and I quit using boron as a supplement when I learned it raises estrogen levels (I have problems with high estrogen). My understanding is that borax is preferred mostly because it is highly alkaline, reacts with stomach acid, forming a salt that is readily absorbed whereas most of a straight boron supplement passes through the GI tract and is not absorbed. Boric acid is already in a form that is readily absorbed.

Thread Information