For those who know me, you know I like to forage for wild mushrooms for the table. There are two rules for this. Number 1, be a 100% sure of the species you have. Number 2, try a little bit to determine that you do not have a individual allergy to the mushroom you are thinking about eating. Example, the oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus, is a favorite of mine. Yet, every year, several people die from eating them. The other night a friend called me at 10:30 at night. Usually I do not answer the phone that late; but that night I did. Good thing I did. My friend told me he had found a mess of chanterelles. I asked him were they yellow, red, blue or black. He answered orange (there are no orange chanterelles). I asked him how big they were and where he found them. After hearing his answers I surmised he had some Omphalotus (Jack-o-lanterns) and told him they were poisonous. He waited until I went over to his house the next day. Sure enough they were what I thought they were. He called his picking partner to warn him; but the fool had already eaten some; and fed them to his two sons. They had all suffered projectile vomiting and his sons were in the hospital. The lesson to this story is that mushroom hunting is a most dangerous outdoor activity. One must know what they are doing. I find great satisfaction in picking wild mushrooms; but it is no hobby for fools.