Thread: Sargento Cheese Products Recalled

Default Sargento Cheese Products Recalled

Press release
    February 16, 2017

Sargento Foods is recalling two cheese products due to potential contamination of listeria monocytogenes.
    The company is also recalling five additional types of cheese products out of an abundance of caution. Packaging varies in size with different UPC codes and sell-by dates. Learn more about this recall or call 1-800-243-3737

February 13, 2017 – Due to the high volume of inquiries on this national cheese recall prompted by Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC, it may take us a little longer than usual to respond to your emails. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
    The fastest way to find out if the Sargento cheese you have purchased has been recalled, is to use our “Search Product” tool. Enter the product’s UPC number, or the “Sell By” date. The UPC number is under the bar code on the back of your Sargento cheese package. The “Sell By” date is located on the front...

https://info.sargento.com/?utm_campa..._hsmi=42620014

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Sargento Cheese Products Recalled

It appears that all cheeses that Sargento produces, (or should I say manufactures ala GMA) is sliced, diced, chopped or grated in consumer convenience packaging, and not sold in blocks, bricks, or wedges. It's no wonder that all this handling and processing makes it vulnerable to various contamination, like listeria. And insult on top of injury, one pays double for the convenience packaging. And I'm not even going to bother asking about any possible organic certification. https://www.sargento.com/our-cheese
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Days Ago at 02:08 PM.

Default Re: Sargento Cheese Products Recalled

I long ago stopped buying any kind of processed cheese. The pre-shredded cheese has something in it to keep the shreds separated. No thank you. I have a box grater and it takes only minutes to grate fresh Parmesan for your casserole or popcorn, fresh cheddar or Swiss for your eggs, or whatever your heart desires. And here's a dark truth: I rarely wash my grater. Unless it has worked on something really soft & smeary, I brush it off and put it back to use again tomorrow or the next day.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information