Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways to get mercury out of your body

Default Ways to get mercury out of your body

I have been getting the mercury almagam fillings out of my mouth the last 4 months. I had a total of 16! and had the last 3 out today.

I have been taking double doses of cholrella, done a colon cleanse, take Zeolite (some kind of ground up lava rock with a molecular structure that sops up heavy metals in the gut), and get acupunture and TCM tonics for liver and kidneys.

I haven't been able to tolerate the smell of cilantro, and I am unable to find a doctor that does IV chelation therapy.

Do any of you know anything else that is good at removing mercury from the tissues?

Thank you all.

Dawn

Default Re: Ways to get mercury out of your body

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat
    I have been getting the mercury almagam fillings out of my mouth the last 4 months. I had a total of 16! and had the last 3 out today.

I have been taking double doses of cholrella, done a colon cleanse, take Zeolite (some kind of ground up lava rock with a molecular structure that sops up heavy metals in the gut), and get acupunture and TCM tonics for liver and kidneys.

I haven't been able to tolerate the smell of cilantro, and I am unable to find a doctor that does IV chelation therapy.

Do any of you know anything else that is good at removing mercury from the tissues?

Thank you all.

Dawn
    First, congrats on getting rid of all that mercury! And I feel your pain about the cilantro - I never could get used to it either despite its many benefits. I do eat wild foods though, so what's a little cilantro more or less?

I thought I could help you on detoxing but alas, I was wrong. I'm glad I learned what I did and in a minute I'll share it.

At the gym I heard stories about this fantastic new foot bath that draws out the body's toxins through the pores of the feet. Several people had done it and marveled at the color of the water afterward - supposedly indicative of all the toxins being drawn out. So I Googled "foot detox" (which please do). Along with several sites happy to sell you this $1900 technology, there are a couple that expose it as a scam:

http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/aquadetox.shtml
    http://medicine.com.my/wp/?p=342

These scams take advantage of our desperation and our readiness to believe. If we think critically, we remember that, oh yeah, the function of the liver and kidneys is to excrete toxins. I know our bodies carry a toxic burden (which also Google) that the liver is unable to deal with - but to think the feet will do a better job of it is absurd.

So I'm sorry, Dawn. I began with the thought that I had an answer - and I did, but not the one you were looking for. If you think you have found one, be advised...think critically!

Dawn, I have a whole protocol from my chiropractor for heavy metal detox but with where you are in the process, try DHEA 25mg BID, then after one month on that, switch to Pregnenalone. There are a lot of supplements listed to go with the detox, but you probably need to check with Dr. Gussa for that considering you are already on a bunch of his stuff. Also, if a doctor will give you a prescription for cholestyramine (usually used to lower cholesterol but a great binding agent, lots better than the zeolite) 4grams QID one hour before meals.

Islander, I took basic training in reflexology. You can drain toxins out of the feet via the Chinese meridians-rubbing the points opens the meridians up.

All you need to do is rub them and soak in a strong Epsom's salt footbath.

Also, if you have had a chiropractic treatment or massage that is dumping stuff into your system, that is a good quick remedy.

All the old Yankee footbath soaks really work.

Thanks, Patty D. I had not heard of either the DHEA or Pregnalone or the
    cholestyramine. Fascinating stuff!

Thanks, Sheila! I will check that out-it is easy to do. I didn't know that about the foot baths. I have used the Epsom Salt one for people who are having detox reactions from massage, chiropractic, etc.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm beginning to believe I'm doomed to continued ill health because I'm poor.

Smile Re: Ways to get mercury out of your body

Quote Originally Posted by mellowsong
    I'm beginning to believe I'm doomed to continued ill health because I'm poor.
    Patty, you have done more in 5 months than I did in 20 years with abundant finaces.
    You have inspired me countless times with your story.

I believe you will take this struggle and turn it around as you regain your health and help others. I see you as perhaps a naturopath? on down the road helping regular people regain their health.

I'll be your first client!

Thanks Reesacat. I've just been feeling really discouraged lately. I know it's partly detox, but I went from feeling so much better to feeling like poop for the last few weeks, I've completely stopped losing weight etc.

That happens. I am going through the same thing, also. It is difficult to know if you are just taking time to heal, you need to tweak something, or look for a subclinical infection, etc.

You do have very strong detox reactions!

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat
    That happens. I am going through the same thing, also.
    I'll put my oar in the water. I'm stuck on a weight plateau. Also, I bought some spelt flour and made a batch of oatmeal & spelt scones. Two a day bumped my glucose reading up 20 points. Why am I so flippin' sensitive to any flour at all? I can slip in a small bowl of oatmeal, but a potato or a handful of crackers is worth 20-40 points on the meter. I thought I would have those numbers down in 90 days. It's been over 6 months and I seem to have made little progress. Supplements, exercise, 1200-calorie diet, and now Metformin, and it seems I'm just as fookin' diabetic as I was back in the spring when I was diagnosed.

Arrrr...I just have to be patient and keep on keeping on. Like all of you.* You have my utmost respect for your courage and perseverance.

* Or should I say, All y'all?
    (In South Boston they say "youse").

GammaGirl could help more, but I'm going to take a a dip with your oars..

Your 'stove' is unique. Flour, potatoes and spelt are bad stinky petrol.

Buttah is good. Maybe eat more fats to reset your mitochondrial switch?

I don't know how Metformin plays into your blood sugar readings.
    After a while, would it be as effective?

I ate plenty bettah buttah with those scones. Gotta balance the fats with the calories tho. Been on the Metformin 500 mg. 1 month+ and it seems to make NO difference.

Now get this. Yesterday I put in 30 minutes hard aerobic labor. Last night I ate 1/2 delicata squash with 2 oz. sausage in it, plus 2 scones which put together would barely equal the size of a modest biscuit. Blood glucose 2 hrs. later: 190.

Today: No gym, no stacking stovewood (it was raining), just canned a batch of applesauce, hardly aerobic. Supper was the other half of last night's meal, same scones, all exactly same same. Blood glucose 2 hrs. later: 165.

That guy who wrote the book on Chaos Theory, James Gleick? He was right. Or was it Heisenberg & Born & their Uncertainty Principle? NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!

Thanx, Reesacat. Got another theory?

After messing with your oars I don't want to rock the boat................:p

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    I ate plenty bettah buttah with those scones. Gotta balance the fats with the calories tho. Been on the Metformin 500 mg. 1 month+ and it seems to make NO difference.

Now get this. Yesterday I put in 30 minutes hard aerobic labor. Last night I ate 1/2 delicata squash with 2 oz. sausage in it, plus 2 scones which put together would barely equal the size of a modest biscuit. Blood glucose 2 hrs. later: 190.

Today: No gym, no stacking stovewood (it was raining), just canned a batch of applesauce, hardly aerobic. Supper was the other half of last night's meal, same scones, all exactly same same. Blood glucose 2 hrs. later: 165.

That guy who wrote the book on Chaos Theory, James Gleick? He was right. Or was it Heisenberg & Born & their Uncertainty Principle? NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!

Thanx, Reesacat. Got another theory?
    Islander, metformin doesn’t work the same way as the sulphonlyurea drugs (exact mechanism unknown – as usual but it possibly increases glucose transport into the cells); rather than increasing pancreatic insulin production, it decreases liver glucose production and intestinal glucose absorption, and increases insulin sensitivity. As for the “makes no sense” changes in blood glucose (BG) – all sorts of things like temperature (hot weather increases BG), hormone levels (oestrogen increases insulin resistance), stress and even how much you fidget can affect blood glucose. It’s never that simple unfortunately (which is why I don’t subscribe to the calorie = calorie theory). Possibly the first day you used up some of your glycogen stores in the liver and muscle (exercise), then day 2, even though you didn’t do a lot, some of the excess BG went to replenish glycogen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information