Thread: Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt contains no iodine

Default Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt contains no iodine

I regularly check NaturalNews.com because, although their articles are shrill and loaded with errors, I can often pick up an article's source and follow up here if it's worthy.

Yesterday Mike Adams published an article in which he claims that Himalayan salt contains iodine. That is flat-out wrong. Fact-check it any way you like; it's just not true. Even Mercola, who carries it, acknowledges that it does not contain iodine. Most of us get adequate iodine from other sources, but it's another example of the misinformation that gets picked up and perpetuated from this site.

Moral of the story: read carefully. Think critically.

Default Re: Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt contains no iodine

While he does put a lot of misinformation out there, in this case he is right. I researched HSS at length before deciding to use it and found an actual analysis of every element in it. Unfortunately the data is on my old dead computer. There is Iodine but the amount is so little that I can tolerate HSS. I will try my best to find the data on HSS and what it contains. Logically, it came from the ocean, therefore will contain at least some Iodine.
    Last edited by mellowsong; 05-07-10 at 01:31 PM.

Not the actual analysis listing amounts, but this tells you every mineral present in HSS:

Himalayan Crystal Salt Elements
    84 elements the body needs:
    hydrogen, lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluoride, sodium, magnesium, aluminum, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride, calcium, scandium, titanium, vanadium, chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, gallium, germanium, arsenic, selenium, bromine, rubidium, strontium, yttrium, zirconium, niobium, molybdenum, ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, silver, cadmium, indium, tin, antimony, tellurium, iodine, cesium, barium, lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium, hafnium, tantalum, tungsten, rhenium, osmium, iridium, platinum, gold, mercury, thallium, lead, bismuth, polonium, astatine, francium, radium, actinium, thorium, protactinium, uranium, neptunium, and plutonium.

================================================== ===
    Here is the actual mineral analysis listing amounts. There is not enough Iodine in it to meet needs but it IS present. I can tolerate; another friend even more sensitive than I am cannot:

http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/inde...age=page&id=28

I stand corrected then, but evidently the amount is so small that all the sources I checked claimed there was none. Thanks, Mellowsong!

Thread Information