Thread: Iherb vs Vitacost

Default Iherb vs Vitacost

Just a few observations: I've recently made a few orders from Vitacost because iherb was out of stuff I needed. Although overall cart cost is modestly more from Vitacost, there seems to be one major advantage. Orders from Iherb are taking longer and longer and longer to get to me. They ship from CA and I'm on the east coast. They've done away with the free 2 day air and have gone to supposed expedited shipping. They used to say if you ordered by 1PM PST M-F they'd ship that day. Last few orders have taken 3 or more days to ship! Then when they do ship, it is taking 7 to 9 days to get to me. Last order was expedited and the site claimed I would have in 3 business days. It was a total of 15 days from time I placed order until I received it. I asked them what was up and got a reply that they were sorry for the delay but that was it. So, over the last 6 or 8 months, I've been increasingly fed up with iherb.

So, Vitacost orders: Made both orders on a Saturday morning. By Sunday night, got notices shipping label had been created. Had packages by Tuesday evening. Yes, I'm in SC and Vitacost is out of NC but they are even processing their orders on the weekend! They send UPS Sunday night, it goes to the local post office on Monday and I get it in the mail on Tuesday. Can't complain about that. So, I may be using Vitacost more. If only they sold NOW Foods products. Has anyone tried the Vitacost brand itself? I did buy their digestive enzymes and those seem to be working well.

Default Re: Iherb vs Vitacost

I've been happy with all Vitacost and NSI products, but then, I'm known for not reacting to anything.
    Anyone deciding to try Vitacost, please ask me for my code or whatever to get us both discounts!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I have just done a comparison of Vitacost versus iherb for the products I am using. If I made one order for all the products I use that are available from both companies I would save $1.92 on the iherb order. Not a huge amount therefore price is probably not a consideration. However this order would not include the following products I am getting from iherb but are not available from Vitacost: Vitamin K2, NAC, two NOW brand products and two Nutricology products that have been specially formulated for the Multi System disorders such as MCS, FM and CFS.

Aaltrude, here is vitacost's vitamin K2. It contains MK 4 & 7. http://www.vitacost.com/Vitacost-Ult...ced-K2-Complex

Is this what you meant by NAC (not familiar with that): http://www.vitacost.com/productResul...s&ss=1&Ntt=nac

Islander - I was using the prices of the brands I am currently using. As you know, I have major problems with intolerance of supplements and I am not able to switch brands on a whim or because of the price of a supplement. Often I have to try three or more brands before I find one I can tolerate and this is a long process as I have to start with small amounts and build up slowly. To take a whole capsule or tablet on the first try is asking for a bad reaction. I still have not found a vitamin C I can tolerate. BTW, of the two examples you gave me, one costs a bit less and one a bit more than what I am currently using. Together they would be even stevens.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaltrude View Post
    Islander - I was using the prices of the brands I am currently using. As you know, I have major problems with intolerance of supplements and I am not able to switch brands on a whim or because of the price of a supplement. Often I have to try three or more brands before I find one I can tolerate and this is a long process as I have to start with small amounts and build up slowly. To take a whole capsule or tablet on the first try is asking for a bad reaction.
    I'm new here, so I hope it is ok to just jump in because your post sounds so much like me and my reactions. Have you ever purchased anything from Beyond-A-Century? So far the only thing I've tried from there is the pure pregnenolone powder, and I tolerate it very well when I could not tolerate two other brands I've tried at all. I wish everything came in pure powders.
    sollyb

Quote Originally Posted by sollyb View Post
    I'm new here, so I hope it is ok to just jump in because your post sounds so much like me and my reactions. Have you ever purchased anything from Beyond-A-Century? So far the only thing I've tried from there is the pure pregnenolone powder, and I tolerate it very well when I could not tolerate two other brands I've tried at all. I wish everything came in pure powders.
    sollyb
    Welcome sollyb Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Members Area! Wouldn't it be great if you could get everything in pure powders, at an affordable price?

Have you ever purchased anything from Beyond-A-Century? So far the only thing I've tried from there is the pure pregnenolone powder, and I tolerate it very well when I could not tolerate two other brands I've tried at all. I wish everything came in pure powders.
    sollyb
    I haven't used anything from Beyond-A-Century. The supplements I am using are across a variety of brands: Life Extension, Source Naturals, Solgar, Now and more.

Both of these supplement companies have provided me with good service, but after two sequential experiences with Vitacost taking two weeks to get a box to my address, within the United States, I decided to give iHerb a try. Even right in the middle of the holiday shipping season, the box came to me in only a few days, with the order intact and complete. The prices are about comparable, so I think that I shall stick with iHerb for a while, at least until they eventually try some boneheaded move that gets me pissed off.

sollyb
    Welcome Sollyb! As Mellow said, please feel free to go to the New Member's section of the forum and introduce yourself. Do you have any particular areas of health you are interested in?

NEV744

I have been very satisfied with iHerb.com. They have quality products and prices are affordable. Also they have nice coupon system and you can get 5$ off from your first purchase when you use coupon code NEV744

http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=NEV744

Sorry, Nev, I'm already a customer, though I order manly from vitacost. But hey, welcome...go introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Thread Information