PDA

View Full Version : 101 clever tips

Islander
07-07-12, 06:47 PM
This list of good ideas is just too good to misplace, so I'm "filing" it here. Pitting cherries...keeping bugs our of drinks...and I love the one about using an empty water bottle to seal bags (like chocolate chips)!

http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2012/07/tips-tips-and-more-tips.html

Grandma
07-07-12, 08:51 PM
Thanks.... added them to my favorites!

mellowsong
07-07-12, 10:40 PM

highlander
07-08-12, 02:27 AM
There were some gems in there. I didn't know that about the Solo cups.

Julieanne
07-08-12, 07:32 AM
This is a keeper! I do a few of these already, but will browse through the whole list again to find more tips.

My favourite (because I already do it) is No 11. 'Keep an eye out for gifts for friends and family every time you go shopping. Buying gifts throughout the year will save a lot of time and stress when birthdays and Christmas rolls around'. I haven't had to do Christmas shopping for years!

:

Islander
07-08-12, 08:23 AM
Julieanne, I do that same thing. I rarely shop at Christmas because I have a "gift box" of finds in my closet. Sometimes an item just shouts someone's name at you!

mellowsong
07-08-12, 09:34 AM
I don't exactly do that but I'm usually done by Sept, Oct at the latest. The adults don't exchange gifts so I'm really only having to find stuff for my grand kids and niece. I buy virtually everything online too. I won't go in a store (except for groceries) from mid-November until after New Years. I can't handle the traffic, crowds, overall insanity!

highlander
07-08-12, 11:47 PM
I don't exactly do that but I'm usually done by Sept, Oct at the latest. The adults don't exchange gifts so I'm really only having to find stuff for my grand kids and niece. I buy virtually everything online too. I won't go in a store (except for groceries) from mid-November until after New Years. I can't handle the traffic, crowds, overall insanity!
I am so with you on that. (Amazon and E-bay...whoo hoo!) Have you ever noticed how mean people are when shopping between Black Friday and Christmas? Kids crying from exhaustion while they're parents are yelling "shut the hell up" and running over you.