PDA

View Full Version : 18 Household Tips That Will Blow Your Mind

Islander
09-14-12, 12:33 PM
CRAFTYAMY
AUGUST 9TH, 2012

These are an odd assortment but most were new to me and all were pretty clever & useful.

http://blogs.babble.com/the-new-home-ec/2012/08/09/18-household-tips-that-will-blow-your-mind/?bcid=fb::bb:ogp:img&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=babbleeditors&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=Organic-Post:Image#stripped-screw

mellowsong
09-14-12, 12:42 PM
Some good ones here. There's a few I even do already like the celery in aluminum foil. It definitely keeps really well.

Aaltrude
09-14-12, 02:16 PM
There were a few that seemed a bit pointless to me.
How is a drink tab to double your coat hanger going to save you space as opposed to putting the second garment directly on the rail. The two garments still take up the same amount of horizontal space and it surely must make it fiddly getting garments in and out of the wardrobe.
Bread tab on sticky tape - what is wrong with simple folding over the end of the tape. Who has bread tabs on a GF diet anyway. Certainly the GF bread in NZ doesn't use them.

Islander
09-14-12, 08:14 PM
Re: the coat hanger trick. I have a couple of hangers that are designed for both pants & jacket, which is ideal for hanging a suit...or a pair of slacks, a blazer and maybe a coordinated top. I put ensembles like this together in my closet because it saves me having to look for that matching whatever when I'm trying to put an outfit together. Without such hangers, that tab trick would be convenient.