PDA

View Full Version : A Poison By Any Other Name

Julieanne
10-15-12, 05:49 AM
Dr Steven Farmer
October 13 2012

There’s increasing evidence that a common poison available in many consumer goods has gone and changed its name. Aspartame, found as a principle ingredient in Equal© and Nutrasweet©, has come under fire lately, so Ajinomoto, the company that manufactures it has now changed the name to AminoSweet. Same thing, different name. It’s a marketing ploy designed to keep this insidious poison in a multitude of products. Aspartame—excuse me, AminoSweet—is found in soft drinks, diet foods, prepared foods, and gum. It’s also found its way into some multivitamins, supplements, and pharmaceutical drugs!
Aspartame was accidentally discovered in 1965 by Jim Schlatter, a chemist working at G.D. Searle & Co. on a project to discover new treatments for gastric ulcers. He spilled some on his hand, later licked his finger while reaching for a piece of paper, and found it to be sweet. Thus began the long and controversial-filled journey to the extensive use for which it’s employed today.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/a-poison-by-any-other-name.html#ixzz29MLyerPX

bmc65
10-15-12, 07:54 AM
Good article. I shared to FB to catch non HHer's.
Thanks Jane.... ::running away as fast as possible::

Thanks Julieanne

mellowsong
10-15-12, 09:40 AM
Something isn't right here. Aspartame is the CHEMICAL name for the compound. AminoSweet is actually replacing brand name NutraSweet, not the chemical name aspartame. It is simply a brand name marketing ploy.

Maurya
10-15-12, 12:16 PM
Mellowsong, I believe you are correct; however, deception still is governed by the intent to deceive. Wherever marketing is employed, deception is sure to accompany the marketing.