PDA

View Full Version : Iodine Supplementation with Nascent Iodine

Aaltrude
04-19-13, 08:08 PM
by Mark Sircus Ac., OMD
No date

Nascent Iodine is a scientific term for iodine where the iodine molecule has the diatomic bond broken and has a high amount of electromagnetic energy associated with it. During the two to three hours of activation time (within the human body, once diluted in water and consumed), the Nascent Iodine atom has the ability to be of assistance to the body. This form of iodine is produced by subjection of a 1 percent tincture of iodine to a high electromagnetic field for a given time in order to produce the Nascent Iodine state. This atomic state and electromagnetic charge is held by the atom until diluted in water and consumed. Once diluted and inside the body, this atom is readily absorbed and utilized by the body.

Read more: http://www.naturodoc.com/nascent_iodine.htm

wr7476
04-20-13, 02:47 AM
I have a PET scan scheduled in two weeks. I'm taking four drops of Nascent daily in preparation. I'm not thrilled about ramifications of the scan, but my curiosity, and the desire to study my spine in virtual 3D is overpowering. Have you heard anything bad about Lugol's iodine?

Lovemywesties
04-20-13, 12:24 PM
I've read that too much iodine is just as bad as not enough so I've been reluctant to try it. Assuming all you need is a maintenance amount, wouldn't you be able to get that from iodized sea salt, seafood, and shell fish?

To Wr7476, good luck with your scan

mellowsong
04-20-13, 12:45 PM
Also, one caveat: If you have an autoimmune thyroid disorder, supplementing iodine can be outright dangerous. I think iodine deficiency is over-hyped except for one fact: In the SAD, iodine is displaced by fluorine, chlorine and bromine. This leaves thyroid function tests looking "normal" while the person is functionally hypothyroid. In this case, IF a person changes their habits, iodine supplementation may help clear the others from the body.

StephenX
05-07-13, 06:09 PM
Iodized table salt is fairly useless as an iodine source. I swear by Lugol's solution. It has the two forms of iodine needed for absorption, that is elemental iodine and potassium iodide. As with many mineral supplements, I put it on my skin. If the yellow stain is still there after an hour, you do not need iodine. For most people I know the stain disappears in minutes as the skin sucks up this crucial mineral like a sponge. I know of some people who cannot tolerate Lugol's on their skin. So sad, as it is a great way to get iodine into the body.

Katee
05-08-13, 10:37 AM
Stephen, i've heard that the iodine stain should be there 24 hours. If your body absorbs it in less than that, you are deficient. I bought a bunch of Lugol's a while back, when we first heard of the radiation threat for here on the West Coast. I also have SSKI, after reading this (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/sski-the-best-cough-expectorant-youve-never-tried/) from the Healthy Home Economist. My bottle does not look like hers. This wonderful new MD i'm seeing was quite willing to let me have it when i asked, and her dispensary carries it.

StephenX
05-08-13, 10:54 AM
Katee, I've never seen an iodine stain last 24 hours. My wife and I both put Lugol's on our arms. Mine took a little over an hour do disappear. My wife's took ten minutes. You can actually watch the fade occur. I do Lugol's at least once a week. Hard to think I'm deficient; but I respect your opinion; and I will add it to the computer in my head. My wife is the love of my life (I didn't get married until I was 50); but I have to practically "force" her to take supplements.

Aaltrude
05-08-13, 03:44 PM
Stephen, when I put iodine on my skin, I can still see the yellow colour 24 hours later. It has faded by that time but is still there. After one hour the clour is still as bright as when I applied it.

StephenX
05-10-13, 01:54 PM
Stephen, when I put iodine on my skin, I can still see the yellow colour 24 hours later. It has faded by that time but is still there. After one hour the clour is still as bright as when I applied it.

Aaltrude...are you using tincture of iodine or Lugol's?

Aaltrude
05-10-13, 02:32 PM
On my skin, I use lugol's.

Islander
05-10-13, 05:05 PM
How does the tincture compare? Because I can't seem to find Lugol's.

StephenX
05-15-13, 12:41 PM
How does the tincture compare? Because I can't seem to find Lugol's.

To properly absorb iodine it should be in two forms. Elemental iodine and potassium iodide. You can get Lugol's solution from Swanson's vitamins. A two ounce bottle is $10.99.

From their web-site
J.Crow's® Lugol's Solution 2% is equivalent to USP standards or higher. This solution delivers 94% distilled water, 4% potassium iodide, and 2% iodine. Drops dispense vertically or horizontally. Each VERTICAL drop is approximately 3.00- 3.125 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide (approximately 1.250 mg iodine, 1.875 mg potassium iodide) and 2 drops is about 6.00-6.25 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide (approximately 2.5 mg iodine, 3.75 mg potassium iodide). For use as a talisman only. Keep away from children.

I'm not sure what "use as a talisman only" means

StephenX
05-15-13, 12:45 PM

When I do it, the stain disappears in about an hour. I use Lugol's twice a week. I find it hard to believe I would be that deficient. Maybe I have super skin :)

Islander
05-15-13, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure what "use as a talisman only" means
talisman: anything thought to have magical or protective powers.

The implication would seem to be that it has no therapeutic powers.