PDA

View Full Version : Losing Fat: The Top 10 Fat Loss MYTHS Oppressing Your Success…

Reesacat
08-27-13, 05:05 PM
Rebooted Body (Kevin Geary)
August 26, 2013

Discover what’s stopping you from losing fat and looking your best, pull the plug on bad advice, and achieve the body you’ve always wanted.

Myth #1

Losing fat is all about cutting calories.

If fat loss was simply about calories-in verses calories-out, everyone would be thin and healthy. We’ve been told that it’s all about calories since we were kids. So, if we all have that information, why is there an obesity epidemic?
The truth is that calories matter, but the equation of calories-in verses calories-out as the solution to fat loss is a myth. You can reduce calories and lose weight — we see this all the time — but there’s a reason that 90-95% of calorie cutters fail long-term. The strategy is simply not sustainable.

Read more http://rebootedbody.com/losing-fat/

Mr. Wizard
08-27-13, 08:45 PM
I can honestly say I've fallen victim to all 10 myths at some point over the past 30 years. Nice to see them all listed in one article!

Islander
08-27-13, 10:00 PM
"Nothing about what they’re telling you to do is natural, healthy, or successful long term." So refreshing to hear a health guru say this.

Maurya
08-28-13, 04:11 PM
All good advice! Number four in particular needs to come out of the shadows. A "heavy" weight is an object that is "heavy" for the person doing the lifting. Watching a champion Olympic lifter is quite gratifying, although the average person rightly assumes that this is "too heavy for me". Start from where you are, and do what you can do.

Weight training is meant to increase one's strength, gradually over a period of time. Weight training is not meant to be just another form of aerobics or of endurance training.