PDA

View Full Version : Sucralose's (Splenda) Harms Vastly Underestimated: Baking Releases Dioxin

Reesacat
12-01-13, 09:25 PM
Sayer Ji, Founder
November 30, 2013

A new, in-depth review on the synthetic sweetener sucralose (marketed as Splenda), published in the journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, is destined to overturn widely held misconceptions about the purported safety of this ubiquitous artificial sweetener.

Found in tens of thousands of products and used by millions of consumers around the world, sucralose's unique ability to dissolve in alcohol and methanol as well as water, makes it the most versatile and therefore most widely used artificial sweetener in production today. And yet, its popularity is no indication nor guarantee of its safety, as is evidenced by the widespread use of other artificial sweeteners like aspartame, which while being safety approved in 90 nations around the world, has been linked to a wide range of serious health conditions including brain damage.

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/sucraloses-splenda-harms-vastly-underestimated-baking-releases-dioxin?utm_source=www.GreenMedInfo.com&utm_campaign=c4a0c64feb-Greenmedinfo&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_193c8492fb-c4a0c64feb-86749061

Katee
12-04-13, 12:54 PM
I have two things that "push my buttons." One is fluoride and fluoridated drugs. The other is Splenda/sucralose. Both make me very, very ill.

The manufacturers of sucralose claim: "There have been over 110 studies conducted over a 20-year period on the safety of sucralose. After studying everything from blood sugar and dental health to potential side effects, the research has proven tow key things over and over: sucralose has no known side effects and is safe for anyone and everyone to enjoy." Splenda dot com (http://www.splenda.com/humble_beginnings_asmallgroup_b?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Unbranded+-+Safety&utm_term=sucralose%20safety&utm_content=scTcxmZqr_dc|pcrid|24831808264|pkw|suc ralose%20safety|pmt|b)

The manufacturers claim that Splenda is not broken down by the body, therefore it is non-caloric and safe. Even Wikipedia, however, states that between 11- 27% of the sucralose is absorbed with "20–30% of the absorbed sucralose being metabolized." Sucralose at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucralose)

I must be one of the unusual folks whose body breaks down the entire thing, because a tiny amount of this poison makes me very sick and my body smells like a chemical processing plant after i have ingested this (by accident at pot luck meals or from an ill-informed supplement distributor). I am quite sure that if i ever was given a large enough dose of this it would kill me. And i am certain that if it did not kill me, i would wish it had. It makes me so very ill and in so much pain.

I am also equally convinced that if it is that bad for me, it cannot be good for anyone. Too many people claim it doesn't harm them, but i believe that most people are not in touch with their bodies or the world around them. If they feel some discomfort they pop a pill but never question why they feel unwell or relate it to the food they eat. If the FDA approved this artificial sweetener (after being paid so much $$ to do so), it MUST be safe!