PDA

View Full Version : Organic Agriculture Benefits Revealed In New Long-Term Study From Rodale Institute

Islander
12-03-14, 10:31 PM
Joe Satran
10/06/2011

If you ask most people why they buy organic, they say that they think organic produce is healthier and tastes better. But studies have consistently undercut the backing for both of these motivations. Some studies have shown that organic fruits and vegetables have higher antioxidant levels than their conventional counterparts, but others have not. Some say that pesticide residue clinging to conventional produce could be dangerous, but others, including the USDA, have said that it's harmless. Blind taste tests of organic and conventional fruits and vegetables have shown that most people can't reliably tell the two apart. So does it really make sense to buy organic produce -- especially given that it often costs so much more than conventional produce?

A major study on organics says, "Yes, absolutely." But the study indicates that the best reason to buy organic produce isn't that it's worlds healthier or better-tasting than conventional produce.

Keep reading: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/organic-agriculture-benefits_n_998214.html

Islander
12-03-14, 10:41 PM
" Some say that pesticide residue clinging to conventional produce could be dangerous, but others, including the USDA, have said that it's harmless."

My whiny little opinion: so you soak, or risk, or peel... but there are still pesticide residues. Some are systemic, Meaning They Are Absorbed By the Entire Plant. There Is No Way They Can Be Washed or Peeled off. And These Reports disregard The Concept of Toxic Synergy, Meaning That the Combination Of Pesticides (On One Fruit/Vegetable Or Over Several You Have Consumed That Day) Is Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts...i.e., 2 + 2 might equal 17.

Sorry, My Dragon Has Decided To Capitalize Everything.... Cheeky Little Rascal!