PDA

View Full Version : What You Should Be Drinking If You Need To Lose Weight

Reesacat
12-15-14, 09:31 PM
Dr. Frank Shallenberger
December 15, 2014

Weight gain in many people is a vicious cycle. The fatter they are, the more insulin resistance they have. And as their insulin resistance increases, their bodies compensate by making more insulin. But insulin blocks fat metabolism. So for people stuck in this cycle, the only way they are going to be successful at losing weight is to decrease their insulin levels. The easiest way to do that is to exercise and cut out carbohydrates. But there is another way. And I bet it's going to surprise you.

Researchers were studying a marker in the blood called C-peptide. C-peptide is formed in the body in direct proportion to how much insulin the body makes. The higher the C-peptide, the more insulin the body is making.

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://www.secondopinionnewsletter.com/Health-Alert-Archive/View-Archive/12376/What-you-should-be-drinking-if-you-need-to-lose-weight.htm

Islander
12-16-14, 08:38 PM
I seem to increase my intake of coffee gradually over weeks and months. Then I reach a point where I feel anxious or jittery, and switch to tea or lemon water for a few weeks. Now I'm beginning the routine again, with 2 cups in the morning, period. Feels right to me.
BTW, I had my first cup of Starbucks coffee last weekend. I liked it — but at $1.89, I didn't like it much better than my 89¢ cup of organic Senior coffee from McDonald's!