PDA

View Full Version : What Works Better Than Antidepressants?

Reesacat
01-18-15, 05:47 PM
Suzy Cohen, RPh
January 18, 2015

You’ve been programmed to believe that serotonin deficiency causes depression. If SSRI antidepressants actually cured people, we would not see escalating rates of suicide, agitation, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).The secret sadness that people carry is not always apparent to the rest of the world.

For example, I went to lunch with a new friend who has a picture perfect life by most standards. She confided to me that she has tried to kill herself three times and suffers with chronic depression. More than 2 decades has passed and not one psychiatrist or physician has ever suggested magnesium to this lovely lady. Not one! Unbelievable considering the studies that suggest magnesium plays some role in depression, even with suicidal tendencies.Depression is just a word to most people, until it tries to kill you. The depth of suffering is hard to understand, especially if you are not sensitive to the clues … the mood swings, the comments, the degree of chronic pain, the fear of a new diagnosis and the fear in general.

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://suzycohen.com/articles/depression/

Mr. Wizard
01-19-15, 07:45 PM
I've followed Suzy Cohen--a pharmacist--for a while. She's one of the few "holistic" pharmacists I'm aware of. The list of natural nutrients suggested in this article for the treatment of depression tracks closely with those in her book, "Drug Muggers." She also wrote, "24-Hour Pharmacist," which I have yet to purchase.