PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Oz

Katee
12-05-09, 02:23 PM
This past week Dr. Oz evidently did a segment on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I did not catch the show. In general i'm not a fan of Dr. Oz as he seems to still be very attached to mainstream medicine, tho i know he does sometimes present alternatives. But at his website is a page titled What is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and How XMRV Related? (http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/what-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-and-how-xmrv-related)

The info presented here is probably not new to anyone dealing with this. However, it may be a good resource to use to help others understand it. In particular, it differentiates between depression & chronic fatigue. It is the first time i've seen this. Frankly it almost made me cry because for so many years i had docs tell me i was "just depressed."

Good info, if only very basic.

Reesacat
12-05-09, 09:11 PM
I did catch the show-got a heads-up from the CFIDS Association.

It was very good-and both Dr. Oz and Dr. Donnica stated repeatedly CFIDS is a real disease-it's not in your head. It was validation for all of us who have been treated like nut cases for decades.

For 15 minutes of TV plus the Web, I think a lot of quality information got out to a very large audience. I think it will also help us with family and friends who don't understand this. Also having a retrovirus linked to the illness will make it legitimate.

I have seen Dr. Oz a few times, and for a heart surgeon he is recommending food and exercise first rather than medical procedures. It's a start-there is a doctor on TV not jumping to drugs first which starts to make the public think there are choices out there. Considering this is on NBS which is heavily drug-ad funded, I think Oprah (who launched him and Dr. Phil) is probably one of the most powerful women in TV today!

His 5 minute lecture on how to find the G-spot in a women was fabulous;) !!

Islander
12-05-09, 10:19 PM
...His 5 minute lecture on how to find the G-spot in a women was fabulous;) !!

Q. What's the difference between a golf ball and a G-spot?

A. A man will spend 15 minutes looking for a golf ball.

Reesacat
12-06-09, 01:11 AM
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/cat/AddEmoticons00933.gif...................

Samurai
12-06-09, 11:53 AM
What do you know about the correlation between yeast, candida and CFS and Fibro?

What do you know about FIR therapy?

And, by the way.... if you feel depressed because you feel like hell day in, and day out, WTF? There is a term for that: NORMAL.

mellowsong
12-06-09, 12:26 PM
Well, at least Dr. Oz got this right :)

Reesacat
12-06-09, 01:58 PM
What do you know about the correlation between yeast, candida and CFS and Fibro?

What do you know about FIR therapy?

And, by the way.... if you feel depressed because you feel like hell day in, and day out, WTF? There is a term for that: NORMAL.

Because of the chronic immune dysfunction yeast is a constant secondary infection-especially if the patient has had a lot of antibiotics and birth-control hormones.

It is not the primary cause of CFIDS-but will affect how you function and feel at least 50% worse if not treated.
Sometimes patients have to go on a course of anti-fungals, but many do it with diet, herbs, etc.
Doug Kaufman's Know the Cause is good 101 on yeast and fungal diets.
(www.knowthecause.com (http://www.knowthecause.com))

By FIR do you mean Far-Infrared Sauna Therapy? Some of the people on Dr. Martin Pall's protocol and some on some naturopathic doctor's protocol are using it. I think it would help more with the multiple chemical sensitivity/fibromyalgia symptoms.

I don't think it could fix a retrovirus-just help control it.
(Retro-viruses actually insert themselves into your DNA and become part of your DNA. Some of Dr. Cheney's work with the heart damage is using adult stem cells to fix the cell damage-I don't know if it fixes the DNA.)

Any depression with CFIDS is secondary-like you said-you feel like death warmed over, they think it is all in your head and it never goes away-that is depressing! But every person I know with CFIDS is kicking down doors and screaming FIX ME-I HAVE A LIFE AND THINGS TO DO!
(Primary depression-the patients have no motivation to do anything.)