PDA

View Full Version : Egg allergy

MissHealthy
04-07-10, 12:38 PM
I might be getting over but this is what i think about eggs. I got small pimples on my neck and forehead if i eat eggs daily. Do i have egg allergy or is this due to some other reason? :O
Is there a way to eat eggs but avoid this pimples problem as well?
ANy kind of help is appreciated.

Reesacat
04-07-10, 01:02 PM
The only way to know is to stop eating eggs (also stop eating baked goods with eggs) and see if the pimples clear up. Then eat eggs daily and see if they come back.
I think you probably have an intolerance/sensitivity rather than full-blown allergy, so an elimination of the suspect food then re-introducing it is the only way I know to pinpoint the problem.

Let us know what you find out:)

DizzyIzzy
04-07-10, 08:47 PM
I was allergic to eggs most of my life, up until two years ago. I had a horrific, itchy, 'idiopathic' rash all over my neck and under my jaw that wouldn't go away. Nobody could figure out what it was. Turns out it was egg...

Sounds benign, but the number of times I would just lie on the floor screaming at somebody to just chop my head off it hurt so much I've lost count...

Cut them out and see what happens. Mine cleared up within 10days of cutting out all egg. :)

MissHealthy
04-08-10, 03:17 PM
i am going to try what Ressacat just advised and i will check out my condition. Thanks guys for your concerned replies :)

jessicaKloser
07-01-10, 11:44 PM
Egg allergies are one of the a lot of accepted allergies of childhood. Both the yolk and the white of eggs are fabricated of abundant proteins and are accordingly potentially allergenic, although egg whites could cause added reactions than yolks. People with allergies to hen's eggs may cross-react to two classes of foods: first, added types of eggs, and second, poultry, abnormally chicken.