PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 'MCS Attacks'

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 12:26 AM
Argh, so I just had a biggie... anybody got any tips on dealing with a reaction while you're in the midst of one, other than getting the hell away from whatever it is that's the problem? This was my worst yet and man I feel like hell.

Reesacat
04-21-10, 12:33 AM
EFT stat!
Vitamin C flush at whatever dose you can tolerate.
I also for myself take a Benadryl and rub in 1/2 teaspoon OTC hydrocortisone cream if I think I am having really bad allergic reaction.
Keeping you in my heart and prayers....
Do you know what it was that set you off?

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 12:52 AM
Yeah, my textbook, lol. I AM ALLERGIC TO EXAMS. Seriously.

No, I had an open-book exam today, and my textbook is new-ish... haven't used it much. So flipping between pages and fanning myself with whatever ink it was they used to print it's fumes... started off as not too bad, then suddenly it was a full-blown one. I don't get skin allergies at all, but I get really awful headaches and brainfog, muscle and joint aches, extreme fatigue, nausea... was horrible.

So I was sitting there there holding my breath trying hard not to fan the fumes at my face and just finish it, but couldn't breathe properly by the end of the exam... had just managed to shake it off by the time I walked home through the park (lots of fresh air), when I walked in my door and my charming flatmate who knows full-well about my issues with cleaning products had mopped the floor with something horrible smelling, sprayed the place with flyspray so thickly I could feel it on my skin, and the whole bathroom stunk of bleach.

All of which set me off badly.

So I closed my door, opened my windows, shivered a lot because I think it must affect my circulation as I suddenly go freezing, curled up on my bed with a sleeping bag and 3 rugs, and slept for 3 hours.

YUCK.

<dislike>

I'm drinking a lot of water to try and flush it through, and what Vitamin C I have (which isn't very good stuff unfortunately, don't know how bioavailable it is, but anything is better than nothing, right?), and taking lots of spirulina. Hopefully it'll kick in soon. The headache's still there and my muscles hurt, I'm fatigued... yuck.

This was my week to do the cleaning too and my flatmate is seriously unhinged, she'll go crazy at me for not doing it today... but there's no way I'm going near anything remotely chemical for a couple of days. banghead

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 12:54 AM
Also, what's the deal with getting properly 'diagnosed'? I mean, is there any real use in going down that road? I'm assuming the only real treatments are going to be fairly naturopathic anyway... nutrition, antioxidants, EFT, adaptogenic herbs, etc etc?

Reesacat
04-21-10, 12:58 AM
Check for incoming PM....

Reesacat
04-21-10, 01:13 AM
Very few docs in USA know much about MCS.
Usually the patient has to figure out what their individual triggers are and avoid them while using the treatments you listed to support the body as it gets rid of the chemical.

Unfortuanely for me, I can walk into a store and if they used some wonky cleaning stuff have to leave before the killer migraines knock me out.

Everything is getting artifically scented in my area of USA.
nasty-nasty-nasty....

Aaltrude
04-21-10, 02:54 AM
I have found I just have to let them take their course for the most part though I have recently found that I do tolerate lifestream chlorella and it does help. For the most part, avoiding an attack is avoiding the triggers. This is obviously going to be difficult when your text book is a trigger. I suggest you investigate getting a mask to wear when you know you are going to be exposed. This certainly helps me.
This is similar to the one I use. It is available from Mitre 10 stores and is not hugely expensive. It is enough to do the job for me.
http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/hand_tools/personal_safety/fuller_respirator_mask_275541.cfm

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 05:20 AM
Brilliant, thank you. Winter's coming so at least I can use scarfs as masks when necessary too!!

I might try that chlorella... I do like Lifestream's products, I find they work pretty well. Just gulped down 15 of their spirulina tablets before, lol, seems to have helped a bit. Or at least it gave me an energy hit to get me through.

Yick. Feeling so toxic.

Aaltrude
04-21-10, 06:07 AM
Yick. Feeling so toxic.
I can relate.
Keep your focus on the fact that you will come out of it and give thanks for the fact that you are not incapacitated or isolated by MCS as some people are. You are still able to largely funtion in this toxic world. There are some who are prisoners in their homes, they react so badly to almost everything they come in contact with outside of their own bubble.
And remember, you have MCS, it is not your MCS. Half the battle is to make sure you DO NOT take ownership of it.

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 07:20 AM
Hell no it's not mine, lol! I don't want it - it's the crappy chemical companies' MCS. Grrrrrr.

That's kind of what freaks me out. If this is me, and this is mild, and I can function relatively normally, then I can only imagine how hard it must be for people who have it worse - I mean, ok, I have to use natural cleaning products and personal care products, and I choke on fumes and fragrances and avoid the cleaning aisle and get sick from random things every so often... but really, that's not bad. And if that's the extent of it, then I'm so lucky. It's a pain but at least I'm relatively ok. My heart really goes out to those who have it worse - and I know many have it far, far worse.

Aaltrude
04-21-10, 07:23 AM
Hell no it's not mine, lol! I don't want it - it's the crappy chemical companies' MCS. Grrrrrr.

Great attitude Iz - love it.

Maurya
04-21-10, 11:21 AM
And remember, you have MCS, it is not your MCS. Half the battle is to make sure you DO NOT take ownership of it.
Yes! I second this thought. These maladies from which we suffer are unwelcome visitors in our personal house, and must be made to depart, through the use of our knowledge and of each other. They can be honored, as perhaps a necessary wake up, and then firmly but politely be asked NOW TO LEAVE.

Reesacat
04-21-10, 07:30 PM
How are you doing today?
Find anything that works?
Wonder what homeopathics would work in an MCS attack....

DizzyIzzy
04-21-10, 08:57 PM
Feeling a little better today... managed to stand in the bathroom/laundry and clean it for half an hour without reacting too badly to the litany of filthy products it reeks of most the time (using my natural cleaning stuff of course, no foul smells for me!). Still got a throat that feels like it's been burned, but other than that, much better! Dosed up on spirulina and vitamin C before bed again, which probably helped some.

Mind you, I did sort of sleep in till about 11am... :D

mellowsong
04-23-10, 06:21 PM
Yeah, my textbook, lol. I AM ALLERGIC TO EXAMS. Seriously.

No, I had an open-book exam today, and my textbook is new-ish... haven't used it much. So flipping between pages and fanning myself with whatever ink it was they used to print it's fumes... started off as not too bad, then suddenly it was a full-blown one. I don't get skin allergies at all, but I get really awful headaches and brainfog, muscle and joint aches, extreme fatigue, nausea... was horrible.

Dizzy, I had to quit reading newspapers and give up a few magazine subscriptions for that very reason. I don't buy new books anymore either.

I have a few suggestions for next time:

First, I have Thieves essential oil from Young Living along with their diffuser. If I have a bad exposure, I mix a drop or 2 with coconut oil and put it on my chest and right under my nose. I also run the diffuser for about an hour. This has frequently prevented me from having to use my inhaler or nebulizer but not always. Oil of oregano also helps but not as well as the Thieves.

If I have to go places, I carry N95 masks with me (they are tight enough to filter air born infections etc). They are not comfortable and I get very strange looks, but gosh, it works! A scarf over your face will not protect you that much. It is too porous and the chemicals will still get to your airways even if it is filtered enough that you can't smell it.

I have long term permanent lung damage from chemical exposure in the 70s. Just do everything you can to protect yourself now.

DizzyIzzy
04-24-10, 08:38 AM
Eeek, thanks for the warning. And yep, newspapers do the same thing. I can only read about 3 pages before I have to put it away. Then there's photocopying... sheesh, at my old work I'd have to photocopy things for hours on end once a month, and I tell you what, I'd feel so ill by the end of it. I'd do it in parts, and set it up so it'd do about 40 copies of something at once and I could stand in the corridor while it did it, then hold my breath while I did the next lot, but ouch. Even then it was bad.

Wonder what the chemical/s is/are?!

What is Thieves oil btw?

mellowsong
04-24-10, 11:25 PM
What is Thieves oil btw?

Thieves essential oil blend is a blend of oils from several spices like cloves, rosemary, lemon, cinnamon and eucalyptus. It is expensive but it really helps me in many ways. I actually bought an entire kit including cleansers, toothpaste etc plus the diffuser when I first found out about it killing mold. Young Living is probably the premier manufacturer of essential oils in the US at least. Copied this for you:

Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.* Thieves® oil blend is an integral ingredient in Thieves® Household Cleaner, Thieves® Spray, Thieves® Wipes, Thieves® Lozenges, Thieves® Dentarome Plus™ and Thieves® Dentarome Ultra™ toothpastes, and Thieves® Fresh Essence Plus™ Mouthwash.

DizzyIzzy
04-25-10, 12:29 AM
Ahhh I know! Ha, there's another herbal blend I remember reading about a few months ago based on what people used to use in the plague in England... it seems it was a good time for figuring out what works! ;)

Samurai
04-25-10, 09:45 AM
DIZ,
So, before I was given the Suzanne Somers poison pills, I could handle any smells; perfume, diesel trucks, whatever it was.
Then, when my adrenals hit rock bottom, I noticed that when I would put on my favorite perfumes that never bothered me before, I became dizzy, and short of breath. Well, this just absolutely KILLED me because I am the total heel wearing, perfume wearing, nail getting done, doin' the Sarah Palin hair style kinda gal.
Anyway, I had been eating a lot more veggies and fruits at the time, and somewhere around Christmas, I picked up Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions. Well, it sure changed my life, and how I eat. Dang, in fact it did a heck of a lot more than that skinny ol' chap Mercola ever did!
Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, I was reading a fashion magazine, and you know those ads where on the edge, you can peel it off, and smell the perfume? Well, it was Kim Kardashian's perfume, and I fell in love. I kept smelling the beautiful scent of gardenias over and over and guess what? NO REACTION. So, I bought the perfume, and I am having no troubles at all. In fact, although I really HATE diesel smell, it does not send me to the moon like it once did. OK so what the heck? Sally Fallon taught me to regulate my blood sugars. What does that have to do with MCS? Who knows? But I believe personally, that animal fats stabilize your blood sugar which in turn allows your body to address the healing of your adrenals. Girlfriend, I suspect that you have a strong predilection for fruits and veggies, am I right? Are you eating a lot of cream from unpasteruized / unhomogenized milk?
In my humble opinion, MCS is a symptom of adrenal fatigue.
Mellow, don't be mad at me with the whole perfume thing. :) Love 'ya girlfriend.

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap." --- Dolly Parton

Reesacat
04-25-10, 09:47 AM
I have heard of people with MCS putting out into the sun newspapers, books, etc. to evaporate some of the fumes.
Don't know if that would help.....

Islander
04-25-10, 09:59 AM
I am the total heel wearing, perfume wearing, nail getting done, doin' the Sarah Palin hair style kinda gal.

Samurai, just don't run for president, okay?

Samurai
04-25-10, 01:12 PM
I know a LOT more about health than our president; he is a smoker, which tells me he has little regard for his own well being. :)

Aaltrude
04-25-10, 05:11 PM
In my humble opinion, MCS is a symptom of adrenal fatigue.

Sam, my adrenals have been tested and I definitely do not have adrenal fatigue yet I have MCS. Martin Pall's theory of NO/ONOO- cycle upregulation is becoming more concrete as the cause of MCS, CFS Fibromyalgia, PTSD, GWS and possibly even more disprders, each day and there has certainly been nothing to disprove it. He has been asked to write a chapter about MCS for a toxicollogy text book (This chapter has been reproduced as the webpage on MCS on his website) therefore his research and NO/ONOO- theory are being recognised as the probable cause.
http://thetenthparadigm.org/index.html

Hey, and welcome back to the forum. We haven't heard from you for a while.

DizzyIzzy
04-25-10, 05:40 PM
I do love my fruits n veggies!! But I only use raw milk (mmmmmm so creamy and fatty!) and butter, coconut oil, organic eggs, full-fat everything - my friends all know you don't even THINK about putting 'low-fat' crap near me or I'll quite possibly slap you, lol... ok, maybe not slap, but you'll get a rant anyway.

I do kinda go for the Weston A. Price philosophy, it just feels right for me, but meat is sooooo expensive when you're a student. I just can't afford it, sadly. I do get the odd good deal from our local organic butcher when I go in there playing the poor-student card, he'll usually give me extra, but I'm just not a huge meat eater - not really that keen on it, flavour-wise. Though I love me some chicken. Dad's vegetarian and has been for decades, so I guess I've grown up with a lot of vego food around (though Mum is a good carnivore, ha).

I think other than that, I'm also really bad at cooking meat. It always tastes awful, lol. I'm a great vegetarian chef, I come up with the most incredible meals, but just don't ask me to do meat, I always kill it. I need to learn how to cook the stuff properly!

And I need to get fermenting stuff too, but I wouldn't have a clue how.

I know my adrenals are getting a hammering lately, in between a psychotic flatmate (not an exaggeration) and a full-time double-degree and very demanding job, so I'm very aware of not getting too stressed out. And of what I need to do to stop that.

Maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to get it all sorted!

EmmaPeel
04-25-10, 05:41 PM
Sam, I know exactly what you mean. For years I used products as an esthetician, expensive imported European Spa goodies from Austria, Germany and Italy... 'pure', 'gentle', ' organically based' preservative/dye free' ...I didn't think that after years of using these products I would suddenly react to them.

But I did. My folly was in thinking that because I didn't react to them at the time that they were OK. Sometimes it takes years for the damage to accumulate and manifest, IMHO.

I just had a vicious reaction to walking into a greeting card store. Who'd a thunk it?

EmmaPeel
04-25-10, 05:48 PM
I know my adrenals are getting a hammering lately, in between a psychotic flatmate (not an exaggeration) and a full-time double-degree and very demanding job, so I'm very aware of not getting too stressed out. And of what I need to do to stop that.

Maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to get it all sorted!

You know Diz...I was thinking about your experience with your flatmate and her mean and insensitive brutal use of cleansers in your home...is talking to her a possibility? Is she reasonable? Cause this type of assault on your body can jeopardize your little grey cells from working with all thrusters blaring....;)

....I had the same experience growing up with a mother who was a commercial cleansing junkie. Our home was constantly full of cleansers, products, perfumed cleansers, toilet cakes...etc...it was no wonder that all of us suffered with asthma until we left home...

DizzyIzzy
04-25-10, 06:37 PM
You know Diz...I was thinking about your experience with your flatmate and her mean and insensitive brutal use of cleansers in your home...is talking to her a possibility? Is she reasonable? Cause this type of assault on your body can jeopardize your little grey cells from working with all thrusters blaring....;)

....I had the same experience growing up with a mother who was a commercial cleansing junkie. Our home was constantly full of cleansers, products, perfumed cleansers, toilet cakes...etc...it was no wonder that all of us suffered with asthma until we left home...

Reasonable? Her?! Hahahahaha you've gotta be joking. I could try talking to her but she just ignores you. She hasn't spoken to anybody else in the flat for a week now - not even acknowledged anybody's even speaking to her when we try.

I wasn't exaggerating in any way when I used the word 'psychotic'. That is exactly what she is. Where most people will threaten and rant and 'talk smack', she actually crosses the line into doing things. I'm outta that place as soon as I possibly can be.

Plus she's a nurse who thinks commercial cleaning products are God's gift to mankind against the evils of bugs. :rolleyes:

I just get very good at using the extractor fans in the bathroom and laundry before I go in there (and good at holding my breath), and thankfully I have loads of windows in my room and one of those draught-blocking things for along my door, so I just hide in there when I need to. :cool:

Samurai
04-25-10, 07:07 PM
Sam, my adrenals have been tested and I definitely do not have adrenal fatigue yet I have MCS. Martin Pall's theory of NO/ONOO- cycle upregulation is becoming more concrete as the cause of MCS, CFS Fibromyalgia, PTSD, GWS and possibly even more disprders, each day and there has certainly been nothing to disprove it. He has been asked to write a chapter about MCS for a toxicollogy text book (This chapter has been reproduced as the webpage on MCS on his website) therefore his research and NO/ONOO- theory are being recognised as the probable cause.
http://thetenthparadigm.org/index.html

Hey, and welcome back to the forum. We haven't heard from you for a while.
Thanks, love! Hmmmm... well, I think for me, and perhaps others, it is a symptom of AF.
Dizzy, assuming "flatmate" = "roommate", ay caramba girl! Living with someone that you fight with is so toxic! Find another roommate girl. It's not like a marriage.... life is too short.
Meat is everything! I buy organic chicken thighs and it is individually frozen like 3 pounds worth for around $15.00. Every blue moon I splurge and get Alaskan King Crab @ something stupid like $22.00 per lb. But that is an aberration. How about ground round? It is like $7.00 for grass fed per pound. EGGS! Wonderful EGGS! Superior grade eggs are $5.50 per dozen. Eggs make me feel great!

OK so, are you having meat at each and every meal??????
How many ounces of meat do you eat per day? (Sorry, please use Imperial measurements I don't understand metric...... sorry :p )

Tina

Samurai
04-25-10, 07:11 PM
Sam, I know exactly what you mean. For years I used products as an esthetician, expensive imported European Spa goodies from Austria, Germany and Italy... 'pure', 'gentle', ' organically based' preservative/dye free' ...I didn't think that after years of using these products I would suddenly react to them.

But I did. My folly was in thinking that because I didn't react to them at the time that they were OK. Sometimes it takes years for the damage to accumulate and manifest, IMHO.

I just had a vicious reaction to walking into a greeting card store. Who'd a thunk it?

****Samurai doing child-like behavoir*****
"La-La-La I'm not listening..... I love my perfume, makeup and hairspray"
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g6tpuDRdL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001S5KL8W/ref=dp_otherviews_3?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&img=3)

DizzyIzzy
04-25-10, 07:23 PM
Haha, I loooove my makeup too... but I'm too lazy to wear it most of the time. I love finding a new range that's natural and non-toxic enough that I can use it. Dr Hauschka are my favourite, but ouch, expensive. And yummy organic skincare ranges, and haircare... mmmm. Nothing like a girly pamper session. I figure you shouldn't have to sacrifice the simple pleasures altogether; it's just a matter of finding stuff that's safe enough.

I eat meat maybe once every three weeks? Ha. But I do eat eggs a few times a week, and I have quinoa or lentils most days so I do get protein in me. And I love me that raw milk, yum, drink that every day... and organic probiotic yoghurt... meat is so stupidly expensive here though, and I haven't got any space in the freezer for anything. Literally, like, $8 for a couple of chicken breasts, or for a pound (maybe, I can't do imperial!) of beef mince, or whatever. Fish is way out of the picture, it's crazy expensive. Drives me mad.

And I wasn't joking, I really can't cook the stuff. At all. I'm appalling. The most I can do is cook bolognaise mince, and that's erm, not that nice. Not a fan of red meat, it makes me feel icky. Chicken though... yum. Mmmm scrummy. So usually I only eat it if I'm eating out somewhere, then I don't have to cook it and ruin it, haha. I do a mean salmon steak, but they're about $6 for one so that's outta the picture too when I can get a big bag of quinoa for that much that'll last me 5 or 6 meals!

And eggs.... $7/dozen. Awful. But I will get them because well, I love eggs. Ha.

Yep, flatmate = room-mate, sort of. But not in the same room. Just the same house. I really need a new one, but the place is a good price (I can't find anywhere else I can afford), it's in the perfect location, the room is really big and pretty, the other flatmates are all great... but man she's toxic.

EmmaPeel
04-25-10, 08:52 PM
****Samurai doing child-like behavoir*****
"La-La-La I'm not listening..... I love my perfume, makeup and hairspray"
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g6tpuDRdL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001S5KL8W/ref=dp_otherviews_3?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&img=3)

Hahahahhaaaaa!.....Love the picture! :):):)

EmmaPeel
04-25-10, 09:04 PM
Holy CR**! Diz ! Do you ever pay alot for your food!
I didn't realize that NZ was so expensive! I always thought that at least fish would be cheaper since you'd think it was more plentiful! I think you pay more for your fish (salmon, fresh) than I do living in the middle of the Canadian frigg'n prairies! :eek:

I just bought fresh, wild salmon fillets 4 large ones for about $18. That's enough for 2 people to have 2.5 meals. Organic, free range eggs are about $4.99 a doz (which I thought was ridiculous, but bought them anyway)...
And four medium sized sirloin, grass fed beef steaks were $20.
Free range lg chickens are about $7.00/lb but it's worth it. I buy whole and cut it up myself. It tastes so much better. The rest of our proteins comes from legumes and they are dirt cheap.

We can't get raw milk up here in Canuckville. Boooooo! But I did find some raw cheese made at a local monastery.

Yeh, your roommate sounds like a wingnut....get out of Dodge, girl!
She's obviously stressed, miserable and vindictive....Can you and the rest boot her out??? (Doesn't sound nice, but she is asking for it by not being considerate to other's in the flat..)

Let us know how things work out! By the way, how much longer do you have to be in school? :rolleyes:

Samurai
04-25-10, 09:45 PM
I eat meat maybe once every three weeks? Ha. But I do eat eggs a few times a week, and I have quinoa or lentils most days so I do get protein in me.

Did you guys ever get the radio host "Paul Harvey"? Oh man. He was good. Anyway, he was famous for his saying, "And, now you know the rest of the story." Dizz; EAT MEAT. Get like 6 ounces 3 times per day, and watch your health soar sky high.

Aaltrude
04-25-10, 10:12 PM
Dizz; EAT MEAT. Get like 6 ounces 3 times per day, and watch your health soar sky high.

Unfortunately eating meat is often not possible when you have MCS Sam. Due to the poisoning that caused the MCS, there are often issues with the liver functioning effectively and this can mean an inability to handle fats. This is certainly the case for me. If I try eating meat, I know about it within an hour and wish I had not tried. Eating any food that has been cooked in oil is also out of the question for me though I can handle small amounts of uncooked oil and oil that occurs in foods such as avocado and flax seed.

DizzyIzzy
04-25-10, 10:20 PM
Yep, and unfortunately I'm in the most expensive city in the country (I think). Food is just ridiculous. That's why my garden is a God-send, lol. That and quinoa.

I need me some chickens.

I'm ok with meat usually, I actually feel a lot better when I'm eating it, but it's just so friggin' expensive. I'm at my parents at the moment though so that means lots of meat to be had, muahaha. So I'll stock up for a bit.

Aaltrude
04-25-10, 10:35 PM
Yep, and unfortunately I'm in the most expensive city in the country (I think).

That you certainly are Iz. It is the one place in New Zealand that we have decided we definitely would NOT want to live. I guess you don't have a lot of choice at the moment if you want to get your qualifications. I'm guessing though, that you are probably nearly half way through.

Reesacat
04-25-10, 10:41 PM
Dizz, you are an amazing young woman:)
Neither lack of meat, psycho-nurse flatmates, crazy job or exams will stop you from achieving your goals. You go, girl!
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/cat/AddEmoticons0096.gif

DizzyIzzy
04-26-10, 12:20 AM
Ha, thanks. :)

And yep, as soon as I'm finished I'm outta there Aaltrude. I'm so not an Aucklander, lol. Big smoggy smelly city full of erm... jafas. Just to reiterate the stereotype. Plus it's pretty much a bunch of towns stuck together, so apart from being where all the good gigs are, you might as well be in a smaller town anyway.

[For non-NZers, jafa = Just Another F* Aucklander... a rather well-used phrase in the rest of the country, lol].

EmmaPeel
04-26-10, 02:23 PM
Dizz, you are an amazing young woman:)
Neither lack of meat, psycho-nurse flatmates, crazy job or exams will stop you from achieving your goals. You go, girl!
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/cat/AddEmoticons0096.gif

I WANNA KNOW WHERE REESACAT GETS HER EMOTICONS....!!!!!!!!!
THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!

:):):)

EmmaPeel
04-26-10, 02:27 PM
...and I second what Reesacat says...you go girl! When me book comes out you will see too that once you have your set your goals, have an honorable, selfless intention, & ask for help from the Universe...you WILL be successful...I have NO doubt.:)