PDA

View Full Version : The Constant Gardener

LabDoc
10-10-10, 08:20 PM
A 2005 dvd starring Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz. Have you ever wondered about all those rumors on how the BigPharmas test their 'wonder drugs' on humans? This movie is set mainly in Kenya and is a very powerful indictment of pharmaceutical drug testing. Even worse, my sons girlfriend comes from Kenya and can personally verify the happenings in this movie. It's a must watch to confirm all your suspicions.:eek:

Islander
10-10-10, 09:37 PM
It's sitting on my desk right now, mailed from Netflix, but already tonight it's too late to view it. Perhaps tomorrow?

Just spoke with my NYC daughter and she thinks I'll like it too. We generally agree on films, disagree 180 on books.

Aaltrude
10-10-10, 09:46 PM
It's sitting on my desk right now, mailed from Netflix, but already tonight it's too late to view it.

How do you watch a DVD without a TV set Islander?:confused:

Islander
10-10-10, 10:10 PM
Why, on my 22" wide x 13" tall monitor of my Magical Macintosh computer, silly!

LabDoc
10-10-10, 10:33 PM
Another Magic Mac user, Bless you my dear, Condolences to all non Mac users!

Aaltrude
10-10-10, 10:39 PM
Why, on my 22" wide x 13" tall monitor of my Magical Macintosh computer, silly!

MMmmm yep that would do itbanghead I'm so usd to watching DVD'd via a player and TV set, I forgot about the capacity to watch on a computerbanghead banghead

DizzyIzzy
10-11-10, 06:19 AM
Great film! The book is amazing as well (John le Carre), well worth a read.

Ha, DVDs on the computer... I've got a good setup: my UK DVD collection on my laptop with beautiful high-def wide screen (set to UK regional zone), my NZ ones on my NZ DVD player (old as the hills and not multi-zoned, but does the job - don't see the point in replacing things just for the sake of it). Perfect solution to having an enormous DVD collection purchased in two different continents, lol. ;)

Islander
11-06-10, 09:43 PM
Seen it, was riveted by it, highly recommend it. Really...one of the best I've seen this year. Thanks, LabDoc!