pharmaceutical drugs, it is rare when a
national television news network speaks
out against the industry. But this is
what will happen this Sunday evening.

DO NOT MISS FOX NATIONAL NEWS CHANNEL THIS
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16TH 9PM EASTERN TIME.

FOX national news correspondent, Douglas Kennedy,
will address the issue of school shootings and
psychiatric drugs on "Hannity's America" show.

Kennedy will speak out against the pharmaceutical
cartel for doling out drugs that turn kids into killers.

Kennedy's report will be a ground breaking event,
so you will not want to miss it.

I hope you will watch this show and tell
everyone you know to do the same. Kennedy
will not mince words.

By exposing the truth behind the hundreds of
shootings and suicides associated with these
drugs, many lives may be saved. And more,
masses of people will begin to wake up to
the truth behind these drugs.

Sunday, December 16th, 9pm Eastern time
FOX News Channel, "Hannity's America" show.

Islander
12-17-07, 10:16 PM
I caught this segment on line and thought it was well done. On a related topic:

"A prolific and powerful drug industry has much to fear from studies indicating the negative sway of Prozac and other serotonin-enhancing antidepressants on romantic love, argues Rutgers research anthropologist Helen Fisher....Smothering dopaminergic pathways in the brain, these increasingly popular - in some circles, fashionable - psychotropics muzzle emotional obsession and, as a result, interpersonal attachment. Seventy-three percent of users report struggles in achieving sexual arousal or orgasm. Worse yet, serotonin stimulates the release of prolactin, which in turn impairs fertility by suppressing the emancipation of other hormones." She continues in this vein; the entire essay can be read in Dangerous Ideas on the Loose.

Seventy-three percent! When I was put on an SSRI about 15 years ago, I complained to my doctor that it left me anorgasmic; I was numb from the hips to the knees. He laughed at me, told me it was my imagination, only a teeny fraction of users experienced that side effect. Seventy-three percent is teeny? Anyway, without his permission I tossed them in the trash and started on St. John's Wort, which soon gave me back my sexuality. I haven't needed anything of the kind for a long time. But I seriously wonder how many people have lost their sex lives to an SSRI...for what?

PPARGammaGirl
12-17-07, 11:21 PM
Funny Islander I had the exact same side effect (as well as nausea and headache) 14 years ago. I threw them in the rubbish after only 2 weeks. When I told the GP she denied the anorgasmia was even a side effect at all. When I said I threw them away she said "well if you won't do as I tell you I shall wash my hands of you." I said "considered them washed" and found another GP.

Islander
12-18-07, 06:45 PM
Well, GammaGirl, it appears that for once we are in the majority!

This must be what they mean when they note that many adverse side effects of drugs are never reported. You and I reported them but the reports went no further, did they?

arizona
01-04-08, 09:16 AM
I was in tears on December 29th. My family physician brother wanted to put me on antidepressants for my chronic fatigue.
If stress hurts CFS......I took a real blow to my health that day trying to defend my negative postion to antidepressants. I have been in bed for 5 days now with swollen glands, 102 temp and sore throat. That argument really upset my delicate balance and I have my brother to thank for it.

Reesacat
01-04-08, 11:56 AM
Arizona, I am so sorry. CFIDS patients get that all the time-when it is from family members it is the worst.

Fevers of 102 and swollen glands are not symptoms of depression-they are symptoms of infection.

Would seeing a naturopath/chiropractor help you? They are much more open to CFIDS and do not automatically assume it is depression and write you a prescription.

mellowsong
01-04-08, 05:34 PM
Arizona, I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope you get well quick. When I first started exploring alternatives all I got was flak from my doctors. The mental health nurse practitioner was very open to what I was trying (surprisingly) but even she said I'd "never" get off the antidepressants. Getting off of them after about 25 years was hell but now, 4 months later, my emotions are on a fairly even keel and I can actually feel joy again. You made the right decision to refuse, don't ever doubt it. CFIDS as I'm learning is a very delicate balancing act and it's easy to get knocked down. You need to make yourself your priority. I know it's not easy to walk away from family, but sometimes you have to. Although not totally related to what you wrote, the story at this link is something I've shared with family and friends...it helps them see what you are battling differently:
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf
Patty

PPARGammaGirl
01-06-08, 03:58 PM
Arizona your brother is an ass. Feel better soon.

Islander
01-06-08, 07:09 PM
Support! Hang in there, Arizona!
And Patty, that spoon story is a keeper. Thx for sharing!