PDA

View Full Version : Have we already hashed out the whole alkaline/ acid food thing?

Samurai
03-25-11, 10:13 AM
I have been really focusing on alkaline foods (but still eat meat, an "acid-forming food"), and feel pretty damn good.
Have we already hashed out this topic on this forum?

Reesacat
03-25-11, 12:34 PM
I think so-the thread "Is There Any Truth to the Acid-Ash Diet" had a very good discussion:
http://www.hawkeshealth.net/community/showthread.php?t=4262&highlight=acid+alkaline+diet

I do think if people switch to the diet suggestions they would feel better eating the vegetables and fruit instead of processed food-I suspect for many that is where the improvement in their health comes from.

I am so glad you are feeling great, Sam! You have found what your body needs and it is thank ing you for your hard work!

Maurya
03-25-11, 01:49 PM
My two cents worth: It would seem that the extremely low pH in a normally operating stomach would be sufficient to completely neutralize, and to override the effects of either acid residue foods or alkaline residue foods.

As Reesacat mentioned, whenever we read of some bright person proposing a way of eating that involves only wholesome, natural, unprocessed foods, as a contrast to the usual mess that people have been eating before coming to the new "perfect diet", then an improvement in health should be expected. This would apply regardless as to whether one gives attention to acid/alkaline, blood type of the individual, "protein type vs carb type", or any other consideration. It is the replacement of the artificial processed foods with the wholesome foods that makes the noticeable difference.

Aaltrude
03-25-11, 02:50 PM
Maurya the acid / alkaline foods are not based on whether or not the food itself is acid or alkaline therefore the acidity of the stomach is not an issue. Foods were catagorised according to whether or not they created a slightly acid or alkaline condition in the body after consumption as judged by saliva pH tests performed after eating the food. Lemons for instance are an acid food but they are catagorised as an alkaline food because they cause a swing towards the alkaline when consumed.

Maurya
03-25-11, 05:26 PM
That's why I refer to acid residue or alkaline residue; the term refers to the substance as it exists following digestion.

Samurai
03-26-11, 10:14 AM
As Reesacat mentioned, whenever we read of some bright person proposing a way of eating that involves only wholesome, natural, unprocessed foods, as a contrast to the usual mess that people have been eating before coming to the new "perfect diet", then an improvement in health should be expected.
I wonder however, knowing that vinegar which is supposed to be healthful, is a food that throws my system off?
I think my body is like a faulty thermostat; when the atmosphere's temperature exceeds an optimal enviornment, it goes mad, and overcompensates by either freezing, or firing the place. And so goes my own conductor; when something that is acidic comes along, I feel terrible. My body sends out the 3-alarm squad to get to some sort of resolute asap. This is not normal.

Reesacat
03-26-11, 11:39 AM
Ummm...welcome to being over 30.....

Maurya
03-26-11, 01:35 PM
Ummm...welcome to being over 30.....

Reesacat, thanks so much for the helpful encouragement (not). LOL

I have been thirty years old twice already, and now am working on my third go-round. Perhaps this time finally I will be able to get it right... but don't count on it, as I have not gotten any smarter.

Reesacat
03-26-11, 03:31 PM
Dang, I was hoping I would get smarter the second round! I do stay out of trouble more-just because I'm too tired to start a fight unless I am really steamed.