PDA

View Full Version : What's the point? Coffee clatch?

Capt. Randall
04-08-11, 08:19 PM
Islander invited me over from Mercola to join this forum, I made a few informational posts. But now I see a lot of chit chat,...aren't the goals to inform and educate,..to communicate freely,...to share knowledge that is suppressed by the media????
Finding the truth today is like looking for your car keys in a 40ton manure pile. Why add to the manure? Who has time to read all the fluff to maybe get an answer to their pain. Do some research, try things, report, ask questions. There are billions of people suffering and they will continue to suffer.
I can tell you that no single drug, vitamin, mineral, herb or food is the answer to disease. In fact THE disease is OXIDATIVE STRESS. The molecules you are made of erode/rust as they are oxidized. This should be the central theme of health and healing.
Get that idea into your head and begin controlling diet, toxins and mental states toward healthy ends. Any symptom like cancer, heart disease, depression, etc. etc. can be reversed by supplying lots of electrons and oxygen and raising a body's pH AND redox potential,...It's the charge that makes things work.
Wikipedia oxidation/reduction/redox potential/Vitamin C and get a grasp of simple chemistry. Read an in depth richly sourced 62pg paper that corroborates FH findings and protocol; http://www.royalrife.com/haltiwanger1.pdf . For an understanding of redox potential in our Inner Ocean see; http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Redox_Potential.html
See www.forbiddenhealingforum.com (http://www.forbiddenhealingforum.com) comments/articles

I'm giving you the answer to disease and suffering.
Let's cut to the chase. Time is running out. We are all being squished under the corporate thumb as our biosphere is being destroyed.

Got kids? What will they do? Live short lives and suffer as slaves!

Cap

Reesacat
04-08-11, 08:35 PM
Excuse us for not freaking out and screaming at people....

People come here to ask questions and exchange ideas because we figure they are smart enough to read the information we have posted and make their own decisions without a lot of drama.

You are welcome to go somewhere else if this doesn't suit you.

Islander
04-08-11, 09:49 PM
Capt. Randall, we post breaking health news here daily, usually a week to ten days before it appears on the site you came from. Checking "New Posts" on the upper left of your screen is the best way to find information new to the site. I'm sure your own message would find a more receptive audience were you to make your point calmly and rationally, with the associated links. Apparently we don't share your sense of urgency, and we definitely cringe when yelled at. Dial it down, please. As Reesacat said, we don't need the drama. Maybe this site is just not a good fit for you?

highlander
04-08-11, 11:42 PM
In my vernacular "communicating freely" includes chit chat.
I don't know about everyone else but as soon as anyone says to me "Get that idea into your head..." I immediately stop listening.

bmc65
04-09-11, 04:23 AM
One way I de-stress is by coming to this community where I can share my thoughts, ideas and experiences with like minded folks. I think you could agree that good health management includes participating in activities that reduce stress.
By the way, from your own post "aren't the goals...to communicate freely... ". Isn't that what we are doing?
Finally...... I'll add that I've gained a really good bit of FYI from this site and I've done it in a way that is effortless and at the same time relaxing. I don't think I would pick up as much if I tried to sit down and read nothing but dry research on my down time.

Maurya
04-09-11, 10:25 AM
We might consider that many of us participate here on the Hawkes forum precisely because we feel more comfortable sharing ideas here than we had done on certain other sites. Many of us were made to feel uncomfortable when we gave honest comments, and subsequently have participated much less, or not at all, on that other forum. When there is a clear "party line", which must not be crossed without heavy handed reprisals (such as banning from the site due to differing opinions), this quickly results in self-censorship, immediately followed by withdrawal of participation.

Thankfully, quite a lot of interested and interesting people now have found our wonderful forum, Hawkes Health!

Reesacat
04-09-11, 01:54 PM
My late FIL was bi-polar, paranoid, had very low self-esteem and was constantly trying to manipulate people with fear. When I see headlines or posts that scream "Wake-up", use hysterical phrasing, claim to have the answer because it was forbidden or hidden, etc.-that is what my FIL did to control people to deal with his poor self-esteem.
I can't take any information presented like that seriously because I feel who ever is sending it out may not have rational judgement. I had to quit referring people to that other website due to the articles and posters that did just that.

I do get very angry when good honest conversation that involves problem-solving and exchange of information is dismissed as worthless chit-chat or meaningless fluff. That is arrogant and ignorant-wise people know more problems have been solved sitting down over a meal with respectful listening and exchange of ideas that all the drive-by-shooting lectures that proliferate over the Internet.

Most of us know about oxidative stress, Vitamin C, (I have a Rife machine), etc.
We are trying to figure out how to use that knowledge-where do you find organic food?
How do you get clean water? How do you protect yourself from mandatory vaccines or cleaning chemicals used in public spaces? I need those kinds of answers, and the wonderful friends here on HH help me to find them. Relationship and conversation solve problems. Because it involves respect, listening, and letting go of ego, many don't do it.

I am tired of hysteria.
Drama Queens can Kiss My Grits!

mellowsong
04-09-11, 02:09 PM
I have to agree with what everyone else has said. I have gleaned more information and rational discussion here than anywhere else I've belonged to. I love the fact we don't have to bow down to some "crown" or be banned...that we can disagree and occasionally even change each others opinions. I also don't like your statement: "I'm giving you the answer to disease and suffering". If I was rich, maybe there are things out there I could still try, but after 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that if you are older and your body already severely damaged, you cannot find complete healing outside of a miracle (which I do NOT discount). So statements like this and your overall dismissal of us tick me off!

Capt. Randall
04-09-11, 09:16 PM
I DO have a sense of urgency, have had it for over 40yrs as I watch this planet crumble and people die needlessly and young. I finally find the answer and no one will listen. It is frustrating. I can read the confusion.
I wanted to streamline your thinking and give away the key. Raise redox potential and heal. It's a quantitative thing.
Ya'll wanna clatch,...clatch. Wanna learn, listen up. I am at your service.

Reesacat
04-09-11, 09:43 PM
Okaayy...so all the people here (many with multiple degrees and years of experience in science and health) and all the man-hours that went into developing this site, posting articles, sharing experiences--we don't know anything and you are the only one that can teach us????

Lord, I haven't laughed this hard in ages!!

Maurya
04-09-11, 11:49 PM
So far, I have not read anything earth shaking, except for the proclamations of another of god's gifts to humanity, who wants to be listened to. We all want to be listened to. One then should say something besides "listen to me". What exactly is it? Linus Pauling and Matthias Rath have written a few books on the biochemistry in question. Are they also not sufficiently being listened to? No doubt in my military mind that they have been roundly ignored. Oh, wait, except for us...

Capt. Randall
04-10-11, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the sweet words. Goes to show that major ideas are met with ridicule, then attacked and finally accepted as evident.

Trying to get ya'll to focus on the principle that works and away from empty threads and endless conjecture. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of solid discussion and learned discussors on Hawkes. Just when I sought the answers to my problems, answers were buried in a mass of confusion and marketing hype. This perpetuates ignorance and an ignorant human hoard is destroying the quality of MY life.

And thanks for the psychoanalysis. Forgive my directness; the next time your car is in a ditch and a blunt-spoken cracker shows up with a pickup and a tow-strap, tell him to hit the road cuz you don't care for his tone!

Just for Sunday morning; I'm not god's gift, I am GOD. You are too but I realize it! Oh, the controversy.

Islander
04-10-11, 10:25 AM
Capt. Randall, you have alienated a very open and receptive community by blowing in here with an arrogant attitude and purporting to have the single answer to health, which you push in a kind of shorthand that's difficult to follow (http://www.hawkeshealth.net/community/showthread.php?t=6304&p=24988#post24988). Anyone who limits health to a single issue (oxidative stress, inflammation, toxins, energy issues in the mitochondria, etc.) arouses my suspicion; I don't think the elimination of all disease and the attainment of optimal health can be narrowed to one isolated issue.

Please note that you are addressing two audiences: the active users, all of whom are well educated and many of whom are current or former health professionals...and a large body of guests, some of whom drop in regularly, and some who may be here for the first time and new to the field of alternative health. A supercilious, patronizing attitude offends the first and repels the second. Do you see why you have to say, "I finally find the answer and no one will listen"? No one chooses to be threatened or shouted at. If you want our attention — and I do think we are open to what you have to demonstrate — you might try coming back with a reasonable tone and a step-by-step summary of the process you are advocating. Keep in mind that it's been a long time since high school chemistry for some of us, and this business of electron swapping can be confusing. Teach, Captain. Respectfully.

ETA: I was typing while you were posting. Had not seen your comment or Maurya's. Sunday morning, as you say.

highlander
04-10-11, 08:01 PM
Is a self-proclaimed leader really a leader if no one is following?
Will a temper tantrum gain respect?
Who do tow truck drivers call when they need a tow?

oceanforkids
04-14-11, 11:18 AM
Well, I, for one, am really stupid and only have experience with the things I've actually tried. I cannot profess to have the answer to life itself.

I'm fairly new here, so, Cap't. Randall, you'll have to enlighten me of your theories with a lot more than the word redox. Shine on and teach, but handle me nicely as I break easily.

And, FYI, I do not consider a coffee clatch a bad thing either. We sometimes need the fluff and humor. I find people who can't experience humor are not very happy with their lot in life. Up to you to change that.

Capt. Randall
04-14-11, 12:21 PM
All I can say is read the stuff on my website. What I see on Mercola, Hawkes, Nat News and especially the mainstream media is CONFUSION and no trend toward understanding the BIG PICTURE. I have used the principles over and over, alternative physicians have too. Understand redox and you'll know WHY they work.
I may be impetuous, it comes from certainty. Dozens of friends and relatives sleep in the sand because some doctor told them they had "the only answer". Now that is arrogant! It's a business.

Islander
04-14-11, 12:40 PM
I may be impetuous, it comes from certainty. Dozens of friends and relatives sleep in the sand because some doctor told them they had "the only answer". Now that is arrogant! It's a business.
I do love irony.

oceanforkids
04-14-11, 01:17 PM
All I can say is read the stuff on my website.

I'm sorry but I don't know which web site that is. As I said, I'm a newbie here. Post a link, please! Thank you.

You certainly sound certain, for certain. I prefer to believe there is more than one path to the answers. We see that in alternatives all the time, don't we? We are not static; what works for one may not work for another, or at least not in the intended fashion. Thus, the need for more than one *remedy*. Even the Native Americans knew that a coupla centuries ago. :cool:

Capt. Randall
04-14-11, 05:46 PM
No one ever said "one answer",..."ONE CAUSE" ,...redox imbalance, low voltage, low potential, missing electrons, all the same! When you lack electrons, the next electron hungry molecule that shows up steals them from your DNA or cell membranes or joint linings or...And when your molecules erode, your structures fall apart. As the oxidative damage continues the body pours out more immune ammunition in the form of singlet oxygen or nitric oxide which increases the damage; inflammation; burning; oxidation. Then fungi show up to return what was once alive to the soil.
And nobody ever said any natural remedy didn't work. When you understand redox balances, they all fit in and make sense. It's like a checkbook. Everyone's spending habits vary. And then you can know HOW MUCH you have to shift that balance.
If more results were available it might be possible to craft more exact protocols.
When you see all the "diseases" as symptoms of oxidative stress and immune weakness you can escape the erroneous mindset that tells you each "disease" is unique and the symptoms of bad ageing are normal. And you will see how all those remedies fit in. I feel like Galileo telling folks the Earth is round. Not that I invented anything, just found the golden thread that puts it all together in an organized fashion.
See http://www.forbiddenhealingforum.com/ . Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers but as Uncle Hank used to say,"First ya gotta get their attention."

Reesacat
04-14-11, 06:37 PM
Insulting someone/ruffling their feathers does get the person's attention.
It also destroys any trust or respect between people.
And without trust and respect people will not listen-and they will not change.

bmc65
04-14-11, 07:20 PM
I tried the link and it didn't take me anywhere.

Capt. Randall
04-14-11, 07:26 PM
If you read the thread, I insulted no one. I offer the same criticism of EVERY site from Mercola comments to nat news. I follow the conversation and see people digging for the truth all over creation and like Acres of Diamonds, it was the rock they used for a doorstop!
Consider redox environment of the Inner Ocean and it is obvious that charge defines chemistry and life. Consider Gerald Pollack's perspective on water or any link on my website. Ya have to drop the assumptions, beliefs and the ego to see clearly. Respond with knowledge not react with emotion. I'm on the side of life!
Why not spread Hawkes ' link around for a bigger readership? How many have died needlessly in just the last 5 minutes? How many will suffer for years?

Reesacat
04-14-11, 07:41 PM
I read the thread. It is insulting-the tone is arrogant. You dismiss the interaction of the forum members as chit-chat adding to the manure, and act like you are the only one with the answers.

When I was doing my rotation with the electron microscope at Case Western Reserve (internship for Medical Technology after finishing BS in biology and chemistry) I heard about oxidative stress-this was in 1976. Dr. Cheney, being a PhD in Nuclear Physics as well as MD understood role of oxidative stress in CFIDS and I was part of a 2,500 patient population doing research in ways to reduce oxidative stress from 1991-1998. We challenged everything in conventional medicine-no egos involved.

I have been on Hawkes' for almost 4 years, and in that time we have posted thousands of articles challenging conventional medical thinking and also many things in alternative medicine.

I do not feel I have been called to save the world. Nor is that the mission of Hawkes. We are here to provide information and experience to help people solve their health problems.
We believe the individual should be treated with respect-people have to decide to change on their own and shouting at them, wringing hands, using emotional fear-mongering language, etc. is counterproductive.

Reesacat
04-14-11, 07:46 PM
I tried the link and it didn't take me anywhere.

Try this one:

http://www.forbiddenhealingforum.com/

Maurya
04-14-11, 08:15 PM
Thanks so much, Reesacat! This link works. As did the other folks, I had tried the link that was given to us by CAPT Randall, and my internet server did not recognize it. At least now we finally will have the opportunity to read for ourselves to find out what all this fuss is about.

Reesacat
04-14-11, 08:30 PM
@ Capt. Randall-do check the links you post to see if they work.

oceanforkids
04-14-11, 08:36 PM
He spelled forbidden with only one "D" in the orignal posting of the link. I was able to find it before I read this third page. Interesting, although I haven't had much time to spend looking around yet.

oceanforkids
04-14-11, 09:17 PM
I went to his link and looked around but my ISS wouldn't let me keep the page open. It must be damaged somehow. But I was there long enough to read that he attended a college in florida and studied biology and chemistry -- no graduation though, apparently. I've seen similar type sites in my years of doing independent research on the 'net.

Capt. Randall
04-14-11, 09:21 PM
When someone is ill or their family or pet, they look for answers. And everywhere there are fragments, 1 square inch of the elephant. I'm trying to show you the elephant. I suffered for years playing that symptom/remedy game, met a lot of salesmen but never came across a big picture of the elephant. Now I just give him the right peanuts and he's happy.
If more people had been concerned and assertive this country and planet would not be in the sorry state they are. If accurate information were readily available one might not be forced to wander in a marketing delusion forever.
Now we have gone through ridicule and a few attacks so soon redox principles will be laughably self evident.
(fixed the link)

Reesacat
04-14-11, 09:27 PM
Been looking at the elephant for years.

Oxidative stress is an established scientific principle-the guy I was dating in 1977 had applied and was accepted to Cornell University for PhD studies in oxidative stress.

Thank you for fixing the link.

bmc65
04-14-11, 09:38 PM
Well I don't have time to listen to the interview, but I must be missing something because other than that, the only thing I saw is an ad for Capt Randell's book. That snake is a little phallic don't ya think?

Reesacat
04-14-11, 09:59 PM
An example of current redox research from the Alzheimer's Research Foundation:
Taos: Redox Redux—Putting the Oxidative Stress Theory to the Test

6 April 2011. Suggesting that oxidative stress precipitates cell death in neurodegenerative disease is one thing; proving it is quite another. If seeing is believing, then researchers may have brought us one step closer. At Neurodegenerative Diseases: The Molecular and Cellular Basis of Neurodegeneration, a Keystone Symposium held 21-26 February 2011 in Taos, New Mexico, Brian Bacskai of Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, showed that cell death does indeed follow oxidative stress in normal mice, but more so in models of Alzheimer’s disease. Bacskai presented work performed by postdoctoral fellow Hong Xie using a redox-sensitive reporter to illuminate oxidative stress in the brains of living mice.

Rest of the article:
http://www.alzforum.org/new/detail.asp?id=2750

Islander
04-14-11, 11:32 PM
!Why not spread Hawkes ' link around for a bigger readership?
I'm happy with the speed at which we are expanding. If you notice, we have (like any alt. health site) easily 10x the guests as we have active members...sometimes 100x. We pick up a few from mercola, a few from twitter, a few from Facebook, a few from friends of friends. I daresay I spend an hour out of every day screening applicants and dumping spammers. I run the site out of my own pocket (with occasional support from members) and will soon have to purchase more disk space and more bandwidth — all good signs, but they have a cost. I intend to maintain it free of advertising, as a repository for all alternative viewpoints, not a vehicle for promoting an isolated approach to optimal health. It's no one's platform; it's everyone's resource.

LabDoc
04-24-11, 10:42 AM
'Capt.' Randall, interesting theories you have indeed. Wonder if you could give us a little more information about yourself, namely 'Capt.' of what and awarded by whom? You studied Chemistry and Biology at the University of Florida, what degrees did you graduate with?

Julieanne
04-25-11, 07:13 AM
highlander, 'get that idea into your head' has the same effect on me - like someome pointing a finger and saying 'now look'.

I don't think there is only one cause for all diseases. I got fed-up with that other site, where two posters in particular pound their ideas. One believes gluten intolerance is the reason behind all illness, the other says lack of sulphur. I get a strong urge to give them a thumbs down every time they post, but I resist.

And I have only been here a few times, but I love the friendliness of this site. Thank you Islander for inviting me over.

Jane Chitty
04-25-11, 08:32 AM
I keep wanting to say "get a life". All that rambling on meant absolutely nothing to me. If your reader is not from a medical or scientific background then it needs to be spelt out clearly in layman's terms otherwise you will soon lose that reader.

Islander
04-25-11, 10:01 AM
@Julianne: I share your feelings about those two posters that keep shooting that one arrow in their quiver. Like you, I resisted the knee-jerk thumbs down, but a day or two ago I gave in. When one poster repeats the same words 3-4-5 times on a page, that's it for me. From now on, she gets one chance. After that? Thumbs down! Waste of bandwidth.

Same for the Lord of the Sulfur. I held his feet to the fire a week or so ago. I asked him to furnish one source confirming that sulfur had been removed from our diets. He gave me two links, neither of which had anything to do with sulfur. I said so. He tried again — nothing. He claimed 80,000 people in his study showed enormous benefits; later he admits that there were 1200 participants. We went back and forth and I never got a satisfactory answer from him. He is a p.i.t.a. and I intend to give him the thumb the next time he shows up. The whole point of VV is to move valuable contributions to the top of the page, and useless dreck to the bottom. I intend to sink him!

Reesacat
04-25-11, 10:24 AM
I love Lady Jane's answer-we need to have a "Get A Life" button!!! Julieanne, it is a delight having you and our newer members on the forum...I learn so much from the wealth of ideas and experiences and have fun at the same time:)
More coffee, anyone?

Katee
04-25-11, 10:32 AM
I don't think there is only one cause for all diseases. I got fed-up with that other site, where two posters in particular pound their ideas. One believes gluten intolerance is the reason behind all illness, the other says lack of sulphur. I get a strong urge to give them a thumbs down every time they post, but I resist.

I actually DO believe in one cause for disease, but it is nothing as simplistic as lack of sulfur or that the whole population has Celiac disease (that poster certainly plucks one string in an amazingly annoying way, and i only visit that site on rare occasion now).

When i first began to get into natural health, i read Raymond Francis' book Never Be Sick Again. It recommends many of the things Kevin Trudeau says, but without all the conspiracy theorist ranting. It was a good start for me on this path. Francis' model of illness (http://www.beyondhealth.com/Model) states one cause of disease: Cellular malfunction. So, cancer has one type of cell malfunction, heart disease another, gluten intolerance another. Cell malfunction has two causes, toxicity and lack of nutrition/deficiency. So, lack of sulfur would be one type of deficiency, celiac would be a toxicity (leading to deficiency). I don't remember him saying, but it is my belief that toxicity/deficiency turns on or off certain genes to which a person may be pre-disposed.

Thus, for example, someone who can't clear the toxins from a vaccine may have specific genes exposed that the cell malfunction creates autism for them, another might then struggle with ADHD, another with gut issues. Or a combination of these or others. But while the problems are different, at a cellular level the issues are the same: Cells are malfunctioning.

He has a six fold plan for addressing the toxicity and deficiency. However, i am coming to agree with what Mellow said elsewhere: Sometimes there is just too much damage for full recovery to occur. I do believe that following his tenants will lead to a healthier life, but i think some of us have been damaged in a way so that full health cannot be restored. I feel defeatist saying this, but several of us have followed this natural health path for a long time now. I think i am not as sick as i would be, but i can't say that i feel full health or vitality.

Islander
04-25-11, 10:42 AM
Katee, I'm following your logic and I see your point. One thing I have to say: I've read Kevin Trudeau and he's wrong just about as often as he is right. Proceed with caution!

highlander
04-25-11, 11:12 AM
Kevin Trudeau is first and foremost a salesman. He looks for things (ideas) that he can put together in a package (book) and sell. Anything that raises eyebrows has a good selling point but he's not a good filter. He bundles both the wheat and tares then he's off to infomercial land.

Katee
04-25-11, 11:41 AM
Katee, I'm following your logic and I see your point. One thing I have to say: I've read Kevin Trudeau and he's wrong just about as often as he is right. Proceed with caution!

The only reason i ever read Kevin Trudeau is because a friend of my hubby's gave us the book (& encouraged us to pass it on). Which i will never do because it was the most chaotic book i've ever read.

He has good ideas here and there, but the book follows no logical form. If i remember (i think it was 2003/2004 i read it) i had to wade thru 4 chapters before i hit any info that was concrete and helpful. I thought that from there the book would continue with helpful recommendations, but it diverged again into conspiracy theory rants - "They" were out to get him and run him out of business. From what i could tell in the book, "they" were probably right. He comes off as a sleazy, slick con-artist, even if some of his recommendations seem to make sense.

A couple of years ago, i saw a sequel book to his first on sale. It was a paperback and had been marked down to $1, so i got it, simply curious to know if he said anything of interest or if he was able to make more sense. I think i skimmed it and saw nothing whatsoever of value.

I know KT has written a number of books, but they all seem to appeal to the conspiracy theory set. I know i said this before, but i've never read a more chaotic, poorly outlined book in my life. The conspiracies he was outlining would involve everyone from the highest gov't official down to the lowliest farmer. They simply were unbelievable. I would never recommend his books to anyone.

Raymond Francis, on the other hand, writes with a rational voice. He follows a pattern that is easy to understand. He does not fall into the trap of claiming everyone in government is out to get him. If read with critical thinking skills and approached with the intelligence to listen to the wisdom of your own body, i think his recommendations are sound.

Reesacat
04-25-11, 12:17 PM
I do agree that cell malfunction is a core issue in disease-but there is more beyond that.
New research into Quantum Mechanics looks at the energy fields around the electrons, and works by Dr. Bruce Lipton and others are offering a fascinating glimpse into this field.

I honestly think you can explain disease up to a point-and then the Unknown has to be acknowledged. Humans are very complex, and there is Mystery in Life that can't be explained.
People that try to have an explanation for everything miss out on the Mystery of Life and for me just aren't fun to be around! (I tend to run screaming in the opposite direction).

Sometimes you just have to have a glass of wine, eat some chocolate and go: "I don't have an idea why so-and-so yaddda yadda yadda-and don't need to!"

highlander
04-25-11, 12:36 PM
Reesacat... applause.

bmc65
04-25-11, 12:40 PM
Reesacat, I'm with you.
Finishing up my second cup of coffee by the way.

Pattypans
04-25-11, 03:16 PM
@ your claim to be God, Capt. Randall (and yes, I do know that you included all of us, but I'm out of that equation, and thank God I'm not God, or we'd all be in a mess): The times God has communicated with me, it's seldom if ever been in the tone you usually use. I suppose you're tired of our remonstrating you on your tone, but as so many posts here have already pointed out, tone has a huge effect on receptivity. If you really want to help people, I suggest you take that into account.

Yay, Reesacat. Why does it have to be a coffee klatch (or klatsch, but never clatch, ahem)? It could be a nice glass of wine together. Good idea. I'm in.

Maurya
04-25-11, 06:01 PM
Reesacat... applause.

Me too! After all, it is well known that wine and chocolate are two of the basic food groups. Recently I have taken to trying to remember to tell annoying people something like "I am just going through life baffled and confused, as usual". This tends to disarm the argument, and to shut them up, albeit temporarily.

Since my brother died last summer, I have been trying to think of some of the ways that he employed to be so successful in his life. This is my latest effort to try to emulate his gentle ways.

Samurai
04-25-11, 07:09 PM
Quit responding to this man, you guys.

This message was not sent from an iPhone.

Reesacat
04-25-11, 09:49 PM
Recently I have taken to trying to remember to tell annoying people something like "I am just going through life baffled and confused, as usual".

I like that!

bmc65
04-26-11, 12:16 AM
I love the baffled and confused. I was just in that state tonight as I was standing in my neighborhood grocery store aisle, trying to comprehend fat free half and half.

LabDoc
04-26-11, 08:17 AM
Reesacat, where would we be without your insightful, calming and down to earth comments - I give you sixteen thumbs up!

Maurya
04-26-11, 10:20 AM
Seventeen thumbs up!

Reesacat
04-26-11, 11:11 AM
Thank you all-now I can share all the thumbs up with y'all!
I like Pattypans idea of expanded menu on the coffee klatsch-wine and chocolate for sure;-).........

@bmv65-fat free half and half is a crime against nature, IMHO......

Islander
04-26-11, 01:55 PM
-fat free half and half is a crime against nature, IMHO......
I think they call that an oxymoron — named after the moron who came up with it.

highlander
04-26-11, 08:04 PM
fat free half and half is a crime against nature, IMHO......
And people actually buy it along with fat-free mayonnaise, fat-free cheese, and reduced fat margarine. :confused: If you're lucky they'll invite you for coffee and a Splenda pie. :barf:

Islander
04-26-11, 10:02 PM
And people actually buy it along with fat-free mayonnaise, fat-free cheese, and reduced fat margarine.
I've also seen fat-free Jello. I honestly think people don't actually know what foods require fat, e.g. mayo or cream. Buying the fat-free label has become a knee-jerk response. "Oh look, Henry, a fat-free sugar-free cheesecake!"

highlander
04-26-11, 11:41 PM
"Oh look, Henry, a fat-free sugar-free cheesecake!"
That...is...blasphemy!:eek: Somebody needs a whoopin'.
I wonder how many people check the nutrition facts on water because they really don't know.

Islander
04-27-11, 11:41 AM
I consume only fat-free water.

Reesacat
04-27-11, 12:31 PM
I love it! Going to borrow that next time I get backed in a corner by some Phat-Phobic Phreak!

Aaltrude
04-27-11, 05:12 PM

Good one Islander 118

Samurai
04-27-11, 06:12 PM
Ohhh... you should try a virgin Jack n Coke! Or, how about a virgin bourbon and water?

Islander
04-27-11, 09:36 PM
Well, I know what a virgin mary is, but the others?

Katee
04-27-11, 10:13 PM
Well, I know what a virgin mary is, but the others?

Virgin in this case is sans booze, so Coke, Water.

bmc65
04-28-11, 12:35 AM
Good one Samuri, I'll take the virgin jack & coke, but since I don't drink soda you can leave the coke off as well.

Pattypans
04-28-11, 02:04 PM
So, bmc65, should we just make that a dry water for you?

Islander
04-28-11, 04:17 PM
Would you just wave an open bottle of vermouth over my dry water, pls? Thx!

Pattypans
04-29-11, 07:51 PM
Probably if the dry water were properly structured, you wouldn't even need or want the vermouth! Ever think about that?

Maurya
04-29-11, 08:59 PM
If I put my dry water in a square container, rather the the usual round one, will it properly be structured? Will my dry water be a liquid or a vapor? Like dry superheated steam? Can I have the vermouth anyway?

Islander
04-29-11, 11:38 PM
Maurya, I regret to inform you that your water will only be properly structured in a round glass container, where it has been held for at least an hour at exactly 38 degrees and is vigorously stirred with a wooden paddle in a clockwise direction. Vermouth may likely interfere with the water's electromagnetic energy or vibrational frequency. You can't be too careful with water.

Pattypans
04-30-11, 06:48 AM
Islander, please do not forget to take into consideration that those living in the Southern Hemisphere might need to stir vigorously with the wooden paddle in a counterclockwise direction. How dangerous and irresponsible of you not to have mentioned that! Now all us southerners' water might be reverse-restructured! Or unstructured! Or chaotic, even.

Maurya
04-30-11, 10:40 AM
Pattypans and Islander, we must be careful not to step on some people's toes about this stirring stuff.

Long ago and far away, during a portion of my mis-spent youth, Michio Kushi and his assorted minions in the Boston macro-snapper community strenuously admonished us to stir our food in a cooking pot in a counter-clockwise direction (unless one was living south of the equator, of course). This "down in the pot" direction of stirring the food was supposed to bring the contents of the pot closer to the source of heat, resulting in faster cooking, or something like that.

This was taken very seriously, along with every other tiny detail of life. Prescriptions and proscriptions for absolutely everything! Amazing, the sheer amount of clap trap that fills up my little brain. No wonder I have little room for learning new stuff...

Maurya
04-30-11, 11:12 AM
When structuring our water, should the stirring with a wooden paddle be done at the full moon, or at the new moon? Waxing or waning? Inquiring minds want to know!

Reesacat
04-30-11, 11:22 AM
When in doubt I go for: wine, chocolate, and full moon as default programing;-)....

mellowsong
04-30-11, 12:37 PM
When structuring our water, should the stirring with a wooden paddle be done at the full moon, or at the new moon? Waxing or waning? Inquiring minds want to know!

It absolutely MUST be done on the waning gibbous!

Pattypans
04-30-11, 12:45 PM
When in doubt I go for: wine, chocolate, and full moon as default programing;-)....
Reesacat, now you're getting complicated. Wine and chocolate and any old moon are plenty for me.

And Maurya, are you talking about a macrobiotic thing when you say macro-snapper? :confused:

highlander
04-30-11, 04:49 PM
It absolutely MUST be done on the waning gibbous!
And in the nude.

Reesacat
04-30-11, 05:00 PM
And in the nude.

::Smacks self on forehead:: Highlander is absolutely right!

Maurya
04-30-11, 05:44 PM
And in the nude.

That would be "sky clad" to you, pilgrim.

Islander
04-30-11, 06:59 PM
That would be "sky clad" to you, pilgrim.
Ooh, a Pagan!

As Mellowsong says, "Sun worship 10 a.m."?

Maurya
04-30-11, 07:20 PM
And a Happy Beltane to one and all!

bahmi9
12-04-11, 07:49 AM
Taking Toprol for CHF, I found it necessary to quit caffeinated beverages. Overkill? There are many references in med literature that indicate caffeine and toprol are antagonists and since I need the effects of toprol to my system, I felt it wise to discontinue caffeine.

Reesacat
12-04-11, 09:14 AM
That was a logical reasonable choice, bahmi9. Prescription medications react with food and especially caffeine and I thnk that was a wise choice to make looking at everything. Mellow and I found a good decaf organic coffee from Mount Hagen -- it's instant but tastes very good.
With our heart conditions we limit caffeine.

Good-day
12-23-11, 10:58 AM
"ways to reduce oxidative stress"
Is there one location addressing all these ways? lol

"We believe the individual should be treated with respect-people have to decide to change on their own and shouting at them, wringing hands, using emotional fear-mongering language, etc. is counterproductive."
YOU are a wonderful person!