PDA

View Full Version : Check out this handy sugar chart!

oceanforkids
04-20-11, 10:48 PM
Takes a little while to read, but it kinda funny - and true, too.

LINK (http://www.grist.org/food/2011-04-14-how-to-choose-right-sweetener-handy-snarky-flowchart) :p

Samurai
04-21-11, 08:10 AM
Cute! Not sure what "snarky" is, but I liked this!

oceanforkids
04-21-11, 09:20 AM
Snarky means rather tongue-in-cheek. Funny presentation but not necessarily all that funny, ya know? True facts presented in a rather haughty manner. Somethin' like that!

Reesacat
04-21-11, 10:31 AM
It helps me if when posts have a title something in the title lets me know the content of the post. I am very limited on time and energy and I appreciate all the help I can get:)

LabDoc
04-21-11, 10:37 AM
Ocean, really like the chart, but have to ditto Reesacat, I have this OCD need to know what I am about to read.

bmc65
04-21-11, 10:59 AM
Loved it Ocean, but I thought I made up the term snarky. One day it just came out of me as what seemed a good way to name my hubby types behavior. Oh well.
I think I'm going to have to print this out. Medical people seem to love flow charts which I usually find really time consuming to read. This one will be perfect on the conference room board. Who knows it may even educate someone.

oceanforkids
04-21-11, 11:05 AM
Well, I'm glad it might be of use to someone, bmc. Yes, "you teach, you teach, you teach" !

As for the title, I figured the word snarky would do it. No OCD'ing allowed on this board, LabDoc. :)

I changed the title.

**EDIT: Well, I tried to change the title. Islander will have to do it I guess. Gee, at my forum I can change the title any time I want, it doesn't have to be done by an administrator though. Weird.

Reesacat
04-21-11, 11:06 AM
Great idea bmc65!

Reesacat
04-21-11, 10:51 PM
Ocean, many of the forum members are in different countries and American slang words have no meaning for them, or might be much more offensive in their culture.
Snarky does NOT mean tongue-in-check here in the South-it is much more rude term. It is sort of euphemism for smart-mouth to bitchy rude: I was almost afraid to click on your link because I had no idea where it was going after the title included the word snarky.

There is no OCD involved-just a simple request for clear communication across countries and cultures:). Thank you for the change in the title.

oceanforkids
04-21-11, 11:05 PM
Reesacat, LabDoc mentioned the OCD thing - I was just elaborating and being funny. Guess not!

I tried to change the title but it didn't work (I posted it above as an edit, perhaps you missed the edit) so we'll have to wait for Islander to change it.

Seeing as how the word snarky was in the title of the actual article, that's why I used it. Sorta like the word dude. Means something totally different in Hollywood than it does here in cowboy country. :cool:

Reesacat
04-21-11, 11:09 PM
Very cool, Ocean! I tried to change it for you, but once there are responses to the thread I think the software locks it in. Maybe Islander with her Admin superpowers can fix it:)

Reesacat
04-21-11, 11:14 PM
I did get the post title to change showing up in case someone is using search engine, but the RE: Check out this handy, snarky chart in the responses stays the same.....

Islander
04-21-11, 11:30 PM
Ocean, I agree with Reesacat. I had to go back and change each post individually. Not the best use of my time. I'm not scolding you, but please remember that we have a worldwide audience, and that every day we have guests who are visiting this site for the first time. All titles should be clear and searchable — even if you need to alter the language a bit to enable searches.