PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium Deficiency Reduces Vitamin D Effectiveness

Reesacat
09-02-11, 06:25 PM
Nutritional Magnesium Association
September 2, 2011

Extensive research has shown that Vitamin D deficiencies play a role in the development of dozens of diseases - everything from a variety of cancers such as breast, prostate and colon cancer to diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, osteoporosis, psoriasis and mental illness.

While many people are beginning to experience the tremendous health benefits that Vitamin D has to offer in the prevention of disease, according to the non-profit Vitamin D Council, along with many other prominent doctors and research experts, people may not be getting the optimal level of benefits that are possible from Vitamin D without also supplementing their diets with magnesium.

Dr. John Cannell, Executive Director of the non-profit Vitamin D Council discusses the nutrients required for proper vitamin D metabolism, citing the importance of magnesium along with several studies that illustrate this point.

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://nutritionalmagnesium.org/articles/magnesium-deficiency/320-magnesium-deficiency-reduces-vitamin-d-effectiveness.html

Reesacat
09-02-11, 06:27 PM
One of the interesting things I learned from this article was that you need magnesium to produce Vitamin D's active form. Magnesium supports calcium absorption by activating vitamin D into a form that enables it to interact with calcium.

Maurya
09-02-11, 08:01 PM
Good synopsis, Reesacat. The take home, as I see it, would be that the "one pill = one problem" people just really are missing the whole point of human biology.

highlander
09-02-11, 09:01 PM
Good synopsis, Reesacat. The take home, as I see it, would be that the "one pill = one problem" people just really are missing the whole point of human biology.

Both thumbs up!

Reesacat
09-02-11, 11:18 PM
That phrase {"one pill = one problem" people} is spot on, Maurya!

hlahore
10-19-11, 09:04 AM
Magnesium is very synergistic with Vitamin D. (http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_id=947) They need each other and they both improve health

Example of information at the above link includes

Lack of Magnesium or Vitamin D appear to be associated with the following disease
Aging, Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease;
Asthma, Attention Deficit Disorder; Autism, Cancer, Cerebrovascular,
Chronic Fatigue, Diabetes, Hearing Loss, Heart Disease. Heart Attack, Atherosclerosis,
Cardiovascular Disease, HIV, AIDS; Hypertension; Kidney Stones,
Migraine Headache, Multiple Sclerosis, Obesity, Osteoporosis; Peripheral vascular disease;
Pregnancy-related problems,Rheumatoid Arthritis; Sports-related problems,

Vitamin D but NOT Magnesium is associated with the following diseases
Acne, Allergy, Autoimmune, Bone, Breathing,
Celiac, Cognition, Colds and Flu, Cystic Fibrosis,
Dental, Fertility, Hyperparathyroid, Immunity, Kidney,
Liver, Lupus, Osteoarthritis, Pain - chronic, Parkinson,
Psoriasis, Rickets, Strokes, Sarcoidosis, Thyroid, Parathyroid,
Tuberculosis, Vision, Hair, Skin, Sports

Magnesium but not Vitamin D is associated with the following diseases
Aggressive Behavior, Alcoholism, Arrhythmia, Cerebral Palsy,
Chemical Sensitivity, Cluster Headaches; Cocaine-related Stroke; Constipation,
Cramps, Fluoride Toxicity; Head Injuries, Central Nervous System Injuries,
Magnesium Deficiency; Menopause, Mitral Valve Prolapsee,
Nystagmus, Psychiatric Disorders; Repetitive Strain Injury, Sickle Cell Disease, SIDS,
Stress, Stuttering, Tetanus; Tinnitis, Sound Sensitivity; TMJ; Toxic Shock; Violence

Also it documents the variety of reasons for Magnesium Deficiency in the past 100 years.

StephenX
12-15-11, 04:48 PM
The best way I've found to get magnesium into the body is magnesium oil. Of course it is not really an oil; but it feels like one. Instead of buying it I get Zechstein Sea magnesium chloride flakes, put a bunch of it an a liter bottle; and keep adding it until it no longer dissolves (super saturated)...magnesium chloride is much more assimilable than sulfate (Epsom salt). I put it in a spray bottle to squirt on my skin. Allows one to sleep through the night ( I have spray bottles all over the house, DMSO, ionic silver, aloe vera, hemp oil, 2% edible grade hydrogen peroxide, and Lugol's solution). They all have good uses. Transdermal is the way to go. I am now trying sole' solution. A super saturated solution of Himalayan pink salt. Akita mani yo!

Maurya
12-15-11, 07:31 PM
Stephen, do you find any value in putting the transdermal magnesium on skin that is thinner, such as the back of the knees, ankles, etc.?

StephenX
12-15-11, 07:43 PM
Stephen, do you find any value in putting the transdermal magnesium on skin that is thinner, such as the back of the knees, ankles, etc.?
That would make sense; but I usually just spray it on my thigh.

StepenX
12-15-11, 10:09 PM
I must add. If you itch or burn a little when you use magnesium oil, you may have used too much. This happened to me the first time I used it. You will get used to it. If you get a temporary rash (this is rare), discontinue using it. Akita mani yo!