PDA

View Full Version : Boost health and detoxification with oil pulling

MooniePetul
09-12-11, 08:51 PM
Rebecca Rovay- Hazelton
7 August 2011

Both detoxification and disease starts in the mouth. Besides being the beginning of the digestive tract, the mouth the point of origin for many bacteria to enter the body. Using an ancient Ayurvedic method of cleansing harmful bacteria from the mouth, oil pulling, you can do wonders for your health.

Read more at:

http://www.examiner.com/wellness-in-san-francisco/boost-health-and-detoxification-with-oil-pulling

Reesacat
09-12-11, 09:07 PM
I tried oil pulling and I was plumb wore out after swishing for 1 minute! I do think maybe you still would get a benefit if you did it a shorter time, though, instead of the 15-20 minutes the article recommends.

Pattypans
09-12-11, 09:57 PM
I like oil pulling, but as you say, Reesacat, it's a bit of work. My husband is much more diligent and steady at it than I am, though I'm firmly convinced it's beneficial, and I do do it--just not as often as it behooves me to.

Reesacat
09-12-11, 10:21 PM
How long do you pull the oil, Pattypans?

mellowsong
09-13-11, 12:01 PM
I recently had very very bad gingivitis. I did have to take antibiotics prior to seeing the dentist but, I did not want to take the few weeks of antibiotics he recommended. I did try oil pulling for about a week, twice a day. I don't think I lasted more than 2 minutes (probably less) but, between the cleaning and the oil pulling my gums cleared up and they remain looking pretty healthy. I used coconut oil. I truly believe there is something to it and I don't think you have to do it 10 to 20 minutes to see benefits. In fact, people who have various chronic illnesses and difficulty detoxing should probably start with much shorter times initially.

Pattypans
09-17-11, 06:07 PM
How long do you pull the oil, Pattypans?

I do it for about 15 minutes, while I'm doing something else, of course. A note of caution: If you do it while you're at your computer, you might want to keep a bowl, mug, glass, or some such thing nearby in case you suddenly have to sneeze! That's what I do.

Reesacat
09-17-11, 10:19 PM
Thank you for the good suggestion, Pattypans!