PDA

View Full Version : So Glad To Be Here

Mr. Wizard
10-26-11, 05:51 PM
Hello All--

I'm so glad to have found this site, as the emphasis on studies and research articles is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm on a quest to be the healthiest old man I can be. I look very much forward to the advice and knowledge sharing that will be a part of my experience here. Thanks for having me!!

Mr. Wizard

mellowsong
10-26-11, 06:22 PM
Welcome Mr. Wizard! Glad you found us and looking forward to hearing from you :)

Reesacat
10-26-11, 06:53 PM
Welcome, Mr. Wizard!

Mr. Wizard
10-26-11, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome message, mellowsong and Reesacat!!

Reesacat
10-26-11, 07:14 PM
Mr. Wizard, is there a particular area of health you are interested in? We have a wide range of topics and even a section for gardening and recipes.

Aaltrude
10-26-11, 07:18 PM
Welcome to Hawkes Health (HH) Mr Wizard - pleased to see you here.

Mr. Wizard
10-26-11, 07:46 PM
Thanks Aaltrude. Glad to be here. There are so many familiar names from that "other" community. I feel at home already. Based on my quick perusal, there's lots of really good info. here. I'm having fun already.

mellowsong
10-26-11, 07:47 PM
Thanks Aaltrude. Glad to be here. There are so many familiar names from that "other" community. I feel at home already. Based on my quick perusal, there's lots of really good info. here. I'm having fun already.

I'm an escapee from the "other community" but haven't participated for a few years now. I do occasionally read the articles. I was PattyD there :)

Maurya
10-26-11, 08:17 PM
Welcome Mr Wizard! We specialize in healthy old people around here (and younger ones, as well).

Islander
10-27-11, 01:14 AM
Mr. Wizard!! I was SO please to see your application this morning! You will find quite a few "refugees" here; no one gets thumbs up or down (I've disabled that function) and look, we have a sense of humor. Well, it can be dry, but at least we take it out for a walk now and then.

Please jump right into the conversation. It may seem like a ladies' club, but we have Stoneharbor, LabDoc, Therkildson and few other of the male persuasion and actually I have a house guest right now and will not be posting much for a few days and have had sme wine so I am going to sy goodnight for now and welcome and look frward to yr particpation, and I better stop here. Chehrs! Wait. Cheers!

bmc65
10-27-11, 11:35 AM
Hmmm sme wine, hee hee hee. I had me sme tequila yesterday in celebration of my son's #8 b-day. Today I'm drying out and then it's back to work tomorrow. Welcome Mr. Wizard.

Mr. Wizard
10-27-11, 01:23 PM
Islander & Maurya--

Thanks for your welcome message! I love this site already.....especially the Q&A section. I'm a researcher at heart and look forward to reading the many studies and researched materials provided here.
Oh, Islander, as far as this being a ladies club, well....I like being around the ladies...not a problem for me at all. In fact, my Mom taught me as a young boy that women are smarter than men anyway!! LOL
Seriously, I'm thrilled to be here and look forward to learning and benefiting from all the great knowledge!!

Mr. Wizard
10-27-11, 01:28 PM
bmc65:
Thanks for the welcome. I was very pleased to see you here. Always respected your comments in the "other" community!! Look forward to exchanging with you here.

Reesacat
10-27-11, 03:44 PM
:::nodding head in appreciation::::A man who respects women and listens to his Mother!
Southern Steele Magnolia Stamp of Approval for Mr. Wizard!

Pattypans
10-27-11, 06:43 PM
:::nodding head in appreciation::::A man who respects women and listens to his Mother!
Southern Steele Magnolia Stamp of Approval for Mr. Wizard!
I agree, but couldn't have put it so well. Welcome, Mr. Wizard. By the way, is that the name you use 'over there'?

Islander
10-27-11, 08:35 PM
I'll answer for the Wiz: yes, it is.

highlander
11-01-11, 07:27 PM
Welcome, Mr. Wizard!

Mr. Wizard
11-02-11, 08:34 PM
Highlander, thanks for your welcome. I see you're a veteran member of this site. Glad to see so many familiar people from that "other" site. :)

Islander
11-02-11, 08:36 PM
I've been stealing them for years! sneaky grin -------->:)

Aaltrude
11-02-11, 08:46 PM
Most of us spend more time here now than on the other site Mr Wizard 189

Islander
11-02-11, 09:01 PM
Yes, it's our private playground! (Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional).

LabDoc
11-03-11, 11:35 AM
Mr Wizard, sorry I missed your arrival, belated welcome. I was lured from the dark side as well, and remember that you can say (almost) anything here without fear of retribution (apart from Islanders acerbic tongue lashing).

Islander
11-03-11, 01:45 PM
Exactly right, we're pretty laid-back here. The only sharp object I carry on my person is my tongue.

Aaltrude
11-03-11, 03:17 PM
The only sharp object I carry on my person is my tongue.
...and she usually uses it in a PM rather than in public 190

LabDoc
11-03-11, 10:06 PM
Very lifelike graphic Aaltrude !

Islander
11-03-11, 11:50 PM
I recently got Skype. You should see her in person!! Wooooooooooo...chicka chicka boom...

Good-day
11-05-11, 10:03 PM
Welcome, Mr Wizard! Someone new to ask questions of! Have a good day-

bmc65
11-05-11, 11:17 PM
Wow, how did you get that graphic Aaltrude? That would really come in handy for certain correspondence, like emails to my landlord.

Aaltrude
11-06-11, 12:04 AM
bmc - if you right click on the image, you should get an option to save it to your computer.

Jane Chitty
11-06-11, 12:46 AM
Before this thread gets totally hijacked as usual by the mob, I would also like to welcome Mr Wizard to HH. I am coming up to my first anniversary and enjoy the site every single day.

Julieanne
11-06-11, 05:33 AM
I thought I had already said 'hello', but looking back, I haven't. (brain fog). So welcome to the site Mr wizard!

Mr. Wizard
11-07-11, 10:03 PM
LabDoc, Good-day, Jane Chitty & Julieanne:
Thanks for your warm welcome!! Nice to be among like-minded folk. You're ALL very good people. I feel at home already!!!