PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston A. Price

Andrew
10-08-07, 02:07 AM
Since Dr. Weston A. Price was recently mentioned on Mercola.com, I decided to give you a link to his book (actually, it's an e-book). Here it is: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

David Hawkes

P.S. Feel free to post your comments on both the author and the book.

Reesacat
10-08-07, 04:54 PM
Thank you, David! I had been wanting to read this book and just didn't get to the library.

I have only gone through the first chapter and had to take a break since my jaw kept hitting the floor.

Dr. Price nailed it. I hadn't even thought about nutrition being responsible for a decline in civilized behavior, but most of us have been seeing countless articles on nutrition and ADD, violence in schools, etc.

His perspective of head size, skeletal deformity and dental disease is amazing. He is giving a window into a time that no longer exists-most remote populations are eating some form of processed food.

mellowsong
10-08-07, 06:43 PM
Wow, thank you David. Over the last few days there has been a big discussion of this book in a kefir group I belong to so this is perfect!!!
Patty

Reesacat
10-08-07, 06:52 PM
I am starting on chapter 5. Dr. Price writes with great compassion and admiration for native people and their traditions. He is very kind, and reading the book is not only informative, but soothing.

You are discovering the relationship between disease and diet with him-no lecturing or arrogant condescending attitude like you encounter in the medical field today.

I would have liked to have met him.
My grandfather was a country doctor in North Carolina around this time-when the family doctor was kind and noble.