PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Iodine Information

Julieanne
02-02-12, 01:59 AM
Some one was talking about iodine injections during CT scans last week, but I can't find it! I thought it would be in minerals (iodine), but no. Any ideas please?

It's very nice when our conversations wander around, but it does make it difficult to find a topic later!

I want to know more because I had a scan yesterday. I had one several years ago (9? 10?) and had no bad reactions, but things may be different now.

mellowsong
02-02-12, 11:21 AM
I want to know more because I had a scan yesterday. I had one several years ago (9? 10?) and had no bad reactions, but things may be different now.

If it was here, it was likely me. If you are going to have an allergic type reaction to iodine contrast it is immediate. A new dye came on the market a few years ago that almost nobody has problems with, even those with anaphylactic type reactions to the old contrast dye. I'm sure that you got the newer dye. You don't have to worry about a serious allergic reaction if the scan was yesterday. However a few people experience delayed nausea, itching, even hives up to day or 2 later. A very few people, aka yours truly :) continue to have anaphylaxis with the new dye. Rarely, CT contrast can cause kidney failure.

Julieanne
02-04-12, 04:30 AM
Thanks mellow,you have put my mind at rest. There was something on the form I signed saying they used the very latest dye, and I feel OK, so all's well.

Just wondering if I should go back to my kelp tabs at any point though?