PDA

View Full Version : Which Sweet Potato Would You Rather Eat?

Katee
03-02-12, 11:36 AM
I'll be honest - i don't generally like viewing vids. I'd rather have script to read. But this short vid (under 3 minutes) is really worth watching, and sharing with anyone who might question conventional vs. organic.

Katee

Which Sweet Potato Would You Rather Eat? (http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/which-sweet-potato-would-you-rather-eat/)

StephenX
03-02-12, 01:10 PM
Same with regular potatoes. They won't sprout either. The bromates that are used to fumigate potatoes also mimic iodine and inhibit the uptake of this valuable mineral to thyroid and breast health.

Islander
03-02-12, 01:12 PM
Mercola ran this yesterday. Thx, Katee, I get the idea. The child's voice is so high-pitched that I can't understand anything she says...but the picture says it all.

Julieanne
03-03-12, 05:27 AM
That's the main reason I don't like watching videos too Islander - I can rarely understand the words. Subtitles can be helpful, but are rarely used.

I don't know if we use that particular chemical in Oz, as I have often sprouted non-organic sweet potatoes bought from the supermarket. No problems.

Grandma
03-03-12, 05:28 PM
Thanks Katee, each time I eat one of the "non organic sweet potatoes" I keep thinking to myself... This is not the sweet potato I grew up with. It's just different!
I will do the test like the little girl did. If I get no sprouts for the "non organic" one... I am changing potatoes!