PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commonly Asked Questions About Fibromyalgia

Reesacat
04-11-12, 05:34 PM
Dr. Jacob Teiltelbaum
April 11, 2012
Vitality 101 E-Mail Newsletter

There are some questions about fibromyalgia that seem to come up repeatedly. So I thought I'd share the answers to 10 of these in this week's newsletter!

1. Can fibromyalgia cause a "pins and needles" sensation?
2. Can fibromyalgia cause muscle twitching?
3. Can fibromyalgia cause pain on the top of the skull?
4. Can fibromyalgia cause shortness of breath?
5. Are there effective medications to treat fibromyalgia pain?
6. Is fibromyalgia just a form of depression?
7. Why do my arms hurt when I'm running on a treadmill?
8. Is fibromyalgia causing my fever?
9. What causes fibromyalgia pain and how do I make it go away?
10. How can I get effective treatment for my fibromyalgia?

To read the rest of the article go to:
http://www.endfatigue.com/health_articles_c_2/Cfs_fm-10-frequently-asked-questions-about-fibromyalgia.html

Reesacat
04-11-12, 05:35 PM
I really like part of Dr. Teiltelbaum's answer to question #6: Is fibromyalgia just a form of depression:

"Unfortunately, many physicians blame the fibromyalgia symptoms on the depression. That's like telling someone with cancer and depression that they're "just" depressed — and then denying them health and disability benefits for their actual disease! This is not only wrong-minded and unethical — it's downright abusive. How to distinguish between fibromyalgia and depression? Depression is usually associated with sadness and lack of interests. Fibromyalgia is usually associated with many interests, but with frustration over the lack of ability to do them. The two conditions are also very different biochemically. For example, cortisol levels are usually high in depression but low in fibromyalgia. Bottom line: fibromyalgia and depression are very different conditions, but both may be present in the same person."