Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mood Cure by Julia Ross, MA

Default Re: The Mood Cure by Julia Ross, MA

I wanted to put this in a separate thread so I could find it again, but it seems to belong here, so here goes.

I saw my doc today, the 90-day interval for diabetics as well as a 90-day thyroid check. Some of you may remember that this (now not so) new doc of mine was very open to experimenting with Armour Thyroid, and we began with a 60-mg. dose. A month later, test, upped it to 90 mg. A month later, test, raised to 120. A month later, tests escalated, back to 90 for 90 days. Today, tests a bit low, but since they don't make anything between 90 and 120, I'm now on a 90 + a 15. My body temp has been low & I'm always cold, so I knew we had been too low. Hope to get it right this time. He is never authoritarian — we discuss and decide as a team.

More about Fritz Sitterly. He knew I was on the HCG diet, commended me on the high D3 and the total weight loss, and the low A1c. At 5.4, he was surprised that I wanted to test again in 90 days. I explained about what Mellow posted the other day about 4.5 being equivalent to 86-88 BG and that I wouldn't be in safe territory until I was there. OK, fine (though he seemed mildly surprised that I knew that...not sure he did). But I'm not done. He said that the bodybuilding mags were starting to promote HCG as a way to build lean muscle and lose fat, and that Wal-mart was now selling it...so it's evidently gone mainstream. (Speaking of bodybuilding, this guy has not just the mind but the face and the body, hot hot hot. If I were just 30 years younger....)

But here's the shocker: I'm reading a book about paleoanthropology, and I and mentioned something about polymorphism in mitochondrial DNA and in the Y chromosome lineages, and that somehow led to biophotons or bioluminosity, and I asked if he has ever heard of Bruce Lipton, and...yes, HE STUDIED WITH LIPTON! He went on to describe him as this wildly out-there guy, brilliant, a genius but a sort of eccentric, a "Rainman." But remarkable as his work was, it was all thoroughly grounded in science.

:: has the vapors ::

So I dunno how the f**k this guy ended up in central Maine but he's one of a kind, a keeper. I SO wish that people like Katee and Mellow, who have had such poor luck with their available selection of medical men, could strike pure gold like this. I tell you, I live in a charmed land.

OK, I have to add a note about the WONDERFUL customer service experiences I had in Wal-mart today (3 in a row), and then when I complimented the clerk in Rite-Aid about the service there, we had quite a long chat (there was no one behind me in line for the register) about the return of good customer service.

I chose to live here even before I knew how good it was going to get. Sorry guys, y'all just need to relocate!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Envy, envy, envy! All right, I think that I will be able to make it in about a two day drive, with all our worldly belongings, so we'll see you then, OK?

OMG -- he studied with BRUCE LIPTON???!!!!
    ::::having vapors::::Girlfriend, you are Blessed! Packing up the kittehs -- Maurya keep an eye out in the rear-view for Miss Grace!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    Envy, envy, envy! All right, I think that I will be able to make it in about a two day drive, with all our worldly belongings, so we'll see you then, OK?
    Rooms 2 & 3 are open, though Room 2 will be booked for a day or two at Thanksgiving. ;-)

Packing up the yappers!!! That is so AMAZING Islander!!! You just don't know what I'd give to see a doc like that. Dr. L is right up there on the awesome list, he's one of the original defectors from insurance, but you have to pay out of pocket so he's out! Is there such a thing as an all electric apartment up there that's not near anyone burning wood? LOL

Oh, there are very likely all-electric apartments, and I know clusters that are subsidized or Section 8 housing, but many many people heat with wood in winter. Thing is, on an average day, smoke rises. You prolly need to visit. If you like, I'll make some phone calls about apartments that meet your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Thing is, on an average day, smoke rises. You prolly need to visit. If you like, I'll make some phone calls about apartments that meet your needs.
    It's tempting but too far from family Also, smoke may rise but when people run their fireplaces here I have to wear a mask. I wouldn't qualify for Sec 8. Come visit though...I would love to sometime

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information