Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Borax Conspiracy: How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

Veteran Member

Default Re: The Borax Conspiracy: How the Arthritis Cure has been Stopped

This article seems excellent; I found the author's background and credentials somewhere and they're impressive too. I plan to begin taking borax for arthritis pain.

Islander, I know this is an old thread, but I am very interested in hearing about your experiences with borax. Do you still take it? Did you have a detox reaction at first? Was there a specific condition (e.g. arthritis) you began taking it for? Did it help? How much do/did you take?
    Last edited by Pattypans; 05-11-18 at 09:19 AM.

To be honest, that was 5 years ago. I'm only using borax in my washing machine at the moment so clearly I abandoned this treatment at some point in the past, I just can't remember when. I don't recall using it and I don't recall discontinuing it. I'd have to conclude that I didn't find it helpful, otherwise I'd still be using it for arthritis.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Thanks, Islander. I'll post here after I've taken it for a while.

Yes, do please let us know whether it helps you. You had better give it at least a month.

Veteran Member

I won't give up easily, for sure. The last 10 days or so, I've been waking up about every two hours because of pain from arthritis in my back (though that's not where the pain is.) I have to get up for a while to give it time to calm down, and then go back to bed. It takes hours of my sleep time. I'm going to have my first dose in a few minutes with dinner.

Veteran Member

I am amazed! This is my tenth day taking boron daily. I started out with one dose per day for four days (a dose being equal to 3 mg boron); went to same dose twice a day for four days, and am now up to 3 doses per day. I plan to increase the dose little by little as the next step.

I'm very thankful to report that I've experienced a tremendous reduction in arthritis pain. The only other change was I started taking melatonin, which is helping me sleep much better. But the reduction in pain is undeniable.

Patty, that's exciting! Thank you for being our guinea pig! What form is the boron in? Is it the laundry Borax?
    And please share your melatonin regime. I've heard many different claims for it, in terms of dose and timing. I'd like to know what's working for you.

I have been taking boron regularly again for 9 months now. I used to take supps, then made up the mixture, but never went beyond 1 tspn a day. I don't recall why I stopped. My main reason for taking it is osteoporosis, and I never saw any reduction in arthritis pain.

Maybe I need to up the dose to see if that has any effect. I have always been wary of taking too much of any trace element, but I reread the article and it seems safe.

Veteran Member

Islander, they don't have borax in the grocery stores here in Brazil. I used to buy boric acid (powder) at the pharmacy (to get rid of cockroaches), but one day several years ago, I was informed by numerous pharmacists that they weren't allowed to sell it anymore. None of them would tell my why until one sort of mumbled, as though he wasn't supposed to say, that it was because people used it to make some sort of drug. I assumed he meant a get-high drug, but maybe it was the arthritis cure!

Eventually we found one place that sells laboratory materials and 'chemical products' retail. We had to jump through a hoop or two to buy the borax (which we didn't have to do to buy some other things we bought there, such as washing soda): Although they deliver, you had to go in person to buy borax and show your ID, which I think they recorded. They're all the way downtown, which was at least a half day's trip back them, and almost as much now. I'm so glad I already had some when I read here that it could help arthritis!

The melatonin (which we also already had, as my husband's been using it for quite a while) is 'Quantum Melatonin Drops' from Quantum Labs. It's "Probiotic-fermented melatonin", which they say helps make it bio-available. I take their suggested dose, 0.25 ml, right before bed. Great stuff! (A 2-oz. bottle has about 232 doses, and it costs ten dollars.) My husband's been taking the same dose for at least several years now. I'd only taken melatonin once before (a different brand, and in pill form, that my son had when I was staying with him for a while 3 years ago and had been sleeping abominably), and I slept even worse after I took it. It sort of put me off on the stuff. It probably just wasn't good quality. But these drops are working great.

Islander, I can't thank you enough for posting this article!

Julieanne, please be sure to reread the article, and work up to a therapeutic dose gradually. This is important in case you have a 'healing reaction'.
    Last edited by Pattypans; 05-25-18 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Insert paragraph breaks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information