Thread: Researchers Now Claim That Not Just A Sunburn, But Tanning Itself Causes Skin Cancer

Default Researchers Now Claim That Not Just A Sunburn, But Tanning Itself Causes Skin Cancer

July 25, 2012 by MARCO TORRES

We've been on the planet for at least hundreds of thousands of years, working and playing all while taking in the sun's rays. However, according to new research, not only are sunburns contributing to cancer, but tanning is also now a culprit.
    Just in case you were wondering who funded this ridiculous study, the grant was supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Melanoma Research Foundation. The NCI is the same federally funded (and privately funded by Big Pharma) organization that promotes mammography via ionizing radiation. In fact they are one of the biggest mammography promoters in the nation. They are directly managed by the biotech sector and typically employ pharmaceutical executives on their boards.

Read more: http://preventdisease.com/news/12/07...m_medium=email

Default Re: Researchers Now Claim That Not Just A Sunburn, But Tanning Itself Causes Skin Can

B*** S***

Default Re: Researchers Now Claim That Not Just A Sunburn, But Tanning Itself Causes Skin Can

Well, scroll down far enough to read the fine print and you'll see the qualifiers. "...melanoma induction by artificial ultraviolet A requires the presence of melanin pigment..." It's well known that UVA can induce carcinoma; melanoma? Perhaps, but only after excessive overexposure. Remember, the jury is out on the causes of melanoma, since tumors typically occur on body parts rarely exposed to sun. As for melanin, the only ones without it are albinos.

In my amateur opinion, given what I know of evolution, we have been relatively hairless, dark-skinned primates for the first 4 million years of being bipedal. If UVA in melanin were deadly, how did we survive that long long history?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

The August 7,2012 issue of the Vitamin D Council's newsletter reports on a study that shows we derive a plethora of benefits from healthy sun exposure. These benefits include: 1. pain reduction for people who suffer from fibromyalgia; 2. improvement in various skin conditions, like psoriasis; 3. suppression of symptoms related to multiple sclerosis; 4. production of nitric oxide, which may lower blood pressure and improves overall cardiovascular health and helps to heal wounds; and 5. production of endorphins, which increases energy and improves overall mood. So, I conclude that--no matter what--I will continue my practice of almost daily healthy sun exposure. I feel sooo much better when I get my daily dose of sun exposure.

Agree with Mr. Wizard. I am Solar Powered!

Thread Information