Thread: Clinton Clot Confusion: Mystery Solved and Lessons Learned (I Assume)

Default Clinton Clot Confusion: Mystery Solved and Lessons Learned (I Assume)

James Hubbard, MD, MPH
    7 January 2013

The Clintons confused me this week. Oh, it’s not the first time, but this time it was Secretary Hillary and her blood clot in her brain. Well, it wasn’t really in her brain. It was … you’ll see.

As opposed to President Bill and what the meaning of “is” is, this time the key word was “clot.” I assumed, and shouldn’t have, that I knew what “clot” meant here. Fortunately, my wrong assumptions have led to some The Survival Doctor teachable moments.
    First Round of Reports and Wrong Assumptions

I read that Secretary Clinton had a clot in her leg. I assumed she had deep vein thrombosis (DVT). It seemed reasonable. She had the risk factors for it. I’ve actually written a little on DVT.
    Her risk factors were:

• An episode of deep vein thrombosis several years ago. If you’ve had it once, you’re at risk to get it again.
    • Possible prolonged bed rest or sitting. During a recent bout of vomiting and diarrhea, she apparently got so dehydrated that she fainted, hit her head, and got a concussion. In my post on concussions I explain that part of the treatment is rest. A major risk factor for DVT is lying around or sitting for prolonged periods of time.

Read more: http://www.thesurvivaldoctor.com/201...ain/#more-4475
    Last edited by Islander; 01-30-13 at 03:23 PM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Clinton Clot Confusion: Mystery Solved and Lessons Learned (I Assume)

Wasn't it funny all the mystery surrounding her "disappearance"? I am going to get out of this chair, away from this computer and go for a walk. It must be very scary knowing you have a clot and that at anytime it could dislodge and cause a stroke.

Thread Information