Thread: This Mineral Plays a Key Role In Battling Infections And Supporting Immunity,

Default This Mineral Plays a Key Role In Battling Infections And Supporting Immunity,

This Mineral Plays a Key Role In Battling Infections And Supporting Immunity, Yet Most People Are Deficient

by KAREN FOSTER
    February 12, 2013

It's available in modest quantities in cocao, oysters, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and it's an essential mineral required by the body for maintaining a sense of smell, keeping a healthy immune system, building proteins, triggering enzymes, and creating DNA. Yet two billion people are deficient.
    Zinc helps the cells in your body communicate by functioning as a neurotransmitter. A deficiency in zinc can lead to stunted growth, diarrhea, impotence, hair loss, eye and skin lesions, impaired appetite, and depressed immunity.
    Some researchers have even heralded the element as the long-sought "silver bullet" for treating the common cold.

Read more: http://preventdisease.com/news/13/02...m_medium=email

Default Re: This Mineral Plays a Key Role In Battling Infections And Supporting Immunity,

Zinc is such an amazing mineral. In addition to the conditions listed in the article, a zinc deficiency may also prevent proper wound healing and the loss of hair color. In one of my very old Adele Davis books, I recall reading that a zinc deficiency may also stunt the proper growth of the male reproductive organ in adolescent boys. So, I always made sure my young son had plenty of zinc in his diet. By the way, there are numerous forms of zinc supplements available. I've experienced benefits from using a chelated version.

Default Re: This Mineral Plays a Key Role In Battling Infections And Supporting Immunity,

Copper toxicity can suppress the proper function of zinc to create the exact same consequences as a frank zinc deficiency.

Thread Information