Thread: Stress, Magnesium and Disease

Default Stress, Magnesium and Disease

Dr. Mark Sircus
    February 18, 2013

Stress, Magnesium & Disease

The U.S. Department of Agriculture says that about 60% of adults in the United States do not consume the estimated average requirement for magnesium. What they don't tell us is that this 60% is based on minimum daily estimates set by the Department of Agriculture are set terribly low, so actually the number is much higher. In the best of times magnesium intake from white processed foods is on the level of starvation of this precious and very necessary mineral. Most Americans are actually malnourished and diseased because of it and because of the toxic loads they carry in their cells and blood.

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/str...m_medium=email

Default Re: Stress, Magnesium and Disease

Dr. Sircus goes on to state:

"Radiation, chemicals and heavy metals put enormous stress on organs, tissues and cells. Magnesium mediates a good part of our body's ability to deal with and remove such toxic insults. Toxicities actually increase as magnesium levels fall. In plain language that means we have more allergic reactions, come down with the flu more often (never listen or trust anything the World Health Organizations says about the flu for most cases are actually not caused by a virus but by chemical stress), suffer from diabetes (diabetes is largely a result of these toxic stresses combined with overall malnutrition especially magnesium deficiency). Magnesium is the Ultimate Heart Medicine for you will always see deficient cellular magnesium in each and every case of heart disease, stroke, cancer and neurological decline."

Thanks for the reminder!

Veteran Member

So what do you do if any and all forms of supplemental magnesium give you diarrhea? I eat a healthy diet, including foods that are relatively high in magnesium. Therefore, I am far from malnourished, but I still have a tendency toward tight, spasmy muscles. Possible mag. deficiency? Maybe; I don't know for sure. I had a rheumatologist tell me my mag. level is fine, but he was probably going by some woefully antiquated notion of what is adequate. I've had the best luck with mag. glycinate, but even then I have to be careful. I've also discovered that supplemental mag. can cause heart palpitations. Is this my body's way of telling me it doesn't like the stuff? Any ideas in this department?

Supplemental magnesium is one of the examples where taking the supplement from multiple sources can be beneficial, rather than all from one single source. For example, Mg Taurate, Mg Glycinate, Mg Fumarate, and Mg Orotate each are utilized by the body for different functions. Mg Glycinate is especially helpful near bed time. Beginning with a small amount and titrating up can be helpful in reducing digestive distress. Sometimes the seeming negative symptoms are as a result of being extremely deficient. (I am not saying that this would be true in your case.)

For "tight, spasmy muscles", additional potassium often can be quite helpful. This usually is not available in supplement form, but lists of fruits and vegetables that contain high amounts of potassium are commonly available with Mr Google's assistance.

I have had the same problem — need magnesium and supplements give me diarrhea. Magnesium oil, magnesium gel and Epsom Salts baths are a way to get magnesium in via the skin (transdermal). Magnesium oil makes me itch (I don't seem to tolerate Magnesium Chloride forms well) so I do Epsom Salts baths. 2 cups Epsom Salts in bath, soak 20 minutes.

Some friends of mine can take very small doses 50-100 mg magnesium at a time several times throughout the day and avoid the problems with loose stools.

I also have found Maurya's suggestion of more potassium rich foods to be helpful.

Thread Information