Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

Thank you girls! I appreciate the help. I will be seeing Eman for the first time tomorrow so I'll let you know how things are. Right now, he is not doing so well. He is at home, but no BM. He doesn't want to eat, his intestines are full. He's in lots of pain for the spinal surgery. He has the shivers and feels so very cold for 10 to 15 minutes and then recovers. During these bouts with shivers his teeth chatter uncontrollably and he cries in pain. Right now he's taking lyposomal vit C (made with sunflower lecithin), a powerful omega3 (Moxxor. about 8 per day), magnesium oil massages as many times a day as they can do for him. His bed sore is being treated with Terrasil Max (sounds good, but I have no experience with it). They weren't able to bring down any Manuka honey.) I'm trying to get a good quality melitonin to help with his sleep, which is totally lacking.

Once again, thank you for your comments and prayers. Blessings to you all.

I am sorry we weren't able to use the alternative treatments sooner while he was in the hospital. The Vit C, magnesium, bicarbonate, and iodine, plus Moxxor might very well have avoided much of his suffering today. The surgery really threw him for a loop and I think he would have been in a better state if he'd been better prepared for the stress and trauma of the surgery. Anyway, hindsight is a very interesting animal. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Please keep us posted and know he remains in my thoughts and prayers. I can't (well yes I can) believe they sent him home in that condition. Somebody has got to do something about the BM issue. That's serious and the worse it gets the more likely it is to cause complications with the spinal injury. I'm sure it is due to the injury and they have to help him....it is not going to fix itself. Some of what you are describing sounds like something called autonomic dysreflexia. I'm not saying it is and if it is, not full blown but the constipation will only make it worse. With a spinal cord injury chances are he is going to have to have someone stimulate his bowels or learn to do it for himself. I ran a rehab unit for 3 years and dealt with spinal cord injuries. I'm sorry if TMI, I just want to stress that the BM issue may be the most important thing right now.
    Last edited by mellowsong; 03-24-13 at 10:47 AM.

Veteran Member

Thank you so much, Mellow. Ed is getting ready now to go see Eman, so he asked me to tell you that it isn't TMI at all, and that all the information you have is more than welcome. Your experience and understanding of these things are priceless, and so is your willingness to share them with those in need, in spite of all your own challenges.
    Last edited by Pattypans; 03-24-13 at 09:24 AM. Reason: to correct redundancy: 'own personal' challenges

@Pattypans: You're very welcome. I'm delighted to be able to help in any way.

Smile Re: Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

You can a photo of Eman and his wife here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6626070&type=1

This morning he had his first BM since returning from the hospital. (It was a mess.) They gave him lots of ascorbic acid orally and something called minienema or something like that. I'm sorry I don't remember.

I gave them an enema bulb or syringe thing that they can use with more natural things. They now have the toilet wheelchair so that really helps.

His pressure sore is getting better. It's about 1/2 the size it was in the hospital.

He's taking 5 grams of lypo vit C and 8 Moxxor (omega-3) per day. He really likes the bicarbonate and water and is taking 1/2 teaspoon three times a day.

He had a BM today. Victory.

But, really good news is that his shivers are getting better. After cleaning him up the second time and giving him another shower, he didn't even get the shivers. So that's better too.

They will start taking his temperature tonight. I suggested that they take it right before they give him Advil since that would bring his temperature down, if he has one. So by tomorrow we should know. I felt him and he felt warm to me. The other three in the room felt him and they said he felt normal. Eman said I felt cold to him. Hmmmmm? I don't feel cold to me. Not sure what's happening here, but we shall know soon enough.

I made them a two page hourly chart so they can schedule everything that they are doing. Maybe I'll post it on our site and/or on FB. Not sure yet, in case anyone else wants to use it. They all felt a bit frazzled because of all the things they were having to remember and although they had a little notebook where they were trying to write things down, it just wasn't cutting the mustard, so this notebook with spaces for each task and what was scheduled and when it's done.

OK. Gotta go. See you all tomorrow and once again thank you! I told Eman and Joolz about to all and they send their heartfelt thanks and appreciation.
    Last edited by NaturalHealthEd; 03-25-13 at 06:31 PM.

Good news!! OK. Just found out. His temperature was 37.1 C! That's 98.8 F. That's fabulous news.

He didn't use any pain killers today. From my experience and my experience with my mother and her cancer battles, Moxxor is a natural anti-inflammatory and reduces pain. Plus the sodium bicarbonate corrects the pH which also reduces inflammation. Plus the magnesium oil massages help with pain, and the high doses of vitamin C also help relieve pain. So I think he's on his way back to life!

Thank you all for your prayers and positive intentions and also to those who helped with support. They are all so busy, but Joolz, Eman's wife mentioned to say thank you to you all!

He had another good BM. And...

No shivers!! even after bathing. What a victory.

The only thing I gave him that didn't seem to have the desired effect was the melatonin. He took it hoping to be able to sleep and he didn't. He's still very uncomfortable, but that's to be expected for now.

So today was a great day and everyone there in his house is very much encouraged. Thank you all for your part in it!

How encouraging! Given the history, this is really mind-bending. From what I've read of melatonin, effects can vary widely; I know it works for others but never did for me...which is too bad, because it can be beneficial in many ways. Exposure to periods of sunlight during the day, and dim lighting in the evening, may help induce sleep. No late night stimuli! No more keg parties, y'hear? Y'all just behave yourselves!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I"m so thrilled to hear all this Progress! Is he getting any kind of therapy? Have they heard from that rehab center? I happen to be someone that got absolutely no effect from melatonin but it works well for my daughter, so, as Islander said, it varies from person to person.

Wonderful news! And I am so glad they have you for a friend, Ed Good friends get you through the rough spots!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information