Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

Default Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

Hi all. Sad news from here. A very dear friend of our from many, many years was shot in the chest this week and is in serious condition.

You can read his blog his wife is using to inform friends and those concerned here:

http://emmanuelguitarman.blogspot.com.br/

He is, without question, one of the most special people I know. Anyway, he has a punctured lung and a rib fragment injury to the spin, with no feeling in his legs. Doctors have decided not to operate as they fear they would cause more injury by operating.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here's an image of him and his family:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Emmanuel and his family will appreciate all the positive energy.

All the best to you and yours,

Ed Pickus
    Skype ID: natural.health.strategies

Default Re: Our friend just got shot in the chest. Any suggestions?

Praying Ed! I put him on our prayer list also.

Oh my, how tragic, Ed. I am so sorry. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to him.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Ed, I have bee thinking and one thing that might help is EFT. It is non-invasive, and can be done by anyone. EFT practitioners often use it for shootings and physical traumas — there are so many emotions to process not only by the patient by by the families also. It also helps with the nervous system (people have used it in recovery from strokes), pain and sleep issues to name a few.
    They brought in EFT practitioners to help the school children after the shootings in Connecticut earlier this year....
    The EFT website is www.eftuniverse.com

Reesacat, EFT is a very good idea. I'll pass that on to them now. Thank you. I knew that someone here would come up with some good ideas!!

Here are some things that I am suggesting to my friend's wife for her to give him, if she can, since doctors don't usually like giving supplements.

1. Lyposomal Vit C (http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.c...in-c-info.html)

2. Moxxor - a powerful omega-3 (http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/19/health...brain-injuries and http://www.green-lipped-mussel-oil.com/)

3. Magnesium chloride in message as transdermal magnesium therapy (http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesi...um-therapy-2-2)

4. Bicarbonate of sodium (http://drsircus.com/)

and now

5. EFT (www.eftuniverse.com)

NaturalEd, I have a grave concern about recommending baking soda while in the ICU. (I am RN, BS, MT(ASCP)).
    I don't know if he is on a ventilator or getting any type of breathing treatments, but in a critical care situation the acid/base balance is tricky and one they monitor with blood gases. My concern is giving baking soda, which is actually very powerful, could throw him into a respiratory crisis by accident. I don't know what drugs he is on and you do have to be very careful with dehydration, trauma, and medications all interacting together and then throwing something else in such as baking soda which might do more harm than good.
    Why did you want him to have baking soda?

Mellow is tied up at the moment but will be on as soon as she can -- she also is RN with extensive background in pharmamcology, which she taught in the Air Force.

Hi Ed,
    I'm a really sorry to hear this. Know he and his family are in my prayers. I'd like to echo Reesacat's concern about the baking soda. I think the other ideas are great. I'm a little hesitant to suggest things considering it's an ICU situation in another country but I have one other idea. With a lung injury or any type of lung disease glutathione is essential. It is found in the endothelial fluid lining the lungs and when it is low, lungs can't function. Less air is able to pass through the alveoli and secretions build up. I would consider liposomal glutathione. However, if he is receiving Mucomyst (n-acetyl cysteine) by nebulizer, that would be great because it converts to glutathione so you wouldn't need the liposomal glutathione.

Reesacat and Mellowsong thank you for your comments. Very good. I'll pass the info on to the family at the hospital. Thank you. You never know what little bit of info may be the key to a situation like this. Again, thank you for taking time to comment on this. I really appreciate it.

It's true that in an ICU it complicated. And I am without experience so it's great to get your views on this. I appreciate it.

I am very sorry to hear this news NaturalHealth Ed. I can only offer my positive thoughts for the best outcome for your friend. Reesacat and Mellow have more practical knowledge they can offer you.

Nothing I can add to these valuable suggestions...just keeping him in my thoughts.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

You're very welcome Ed. Please keep us posted.

What is your opinion to lyposomal Vit C? Would that interfere with the pain medication they are giving him? The food is really bad, but they won't allow them to bring in real food. He hasn't eaten anything in four days now. I am so upset. I just spoke with a friend of my who is a neurosurgeon at that very hospital, and he says the rules are the rules there and they just don't allow food, only hospital food.

So what do you think of the Vit C? His wife can bring it in and pretend that it's juice to give to him. Do you see any contra indication to that? Thanks for the opinions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information