Thread: Black Bean Broth: Treatment For Arthritis, Gout And Joint Pain

Default Black Bean Broth: Treatment For Arthritis, Gout And Joint Pain

J B Bardot
    May 16 2013

Treatments for arthritis and gout, such as home remedies like black bean broth, offer antioxidant protection, lower uric acid levels, reduce pain and inflammation, and should be made part of your home remedy arsenal.
    Anecdotal evidence shows that the broth of cooked black beans is a curative arthritis treatment, possessing high amounts of anthocyanins, the same nutrients found in tart cherry juice, pomegranates, and red wine. Anthocyanins give certain fruits, vegetables and legumes their dark reddish-purple color, and are a good way of identifying foods that fight inflammation. Black beans are replete with anti-inflammatory properties which help eliminate the tearing pains of gouty arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis natural remedies include safe and inexpensive treatments for all types of joint pain. The nutrients found in the bean broth lower the uric acid in the blood and reduce deposits of uric acid crystals in the kidneys and joints.
    Black bean broth is one of several convenient, easy-to-prepare, home remedies for arthritis treatment and a logical addition to any gouty arthritis diet. Along with tart cherry juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon water and baking soda pH drinks, these natural gout and arthritis cures will go a long way toward helping prevent the agonizing pain and disability associated with gout.

Read more at http://livinggreenmag.com/2013/05/16...WmUc9ckM4Aq.99

Default Re: Black Bean Broth: Treatment For Arthritis, Gout And Joint Pain

Excellent info. It is actually the broth of the black beans that contains the healing properties and not the beans themselves. Very interesting. I also read recently that beans contain "resistant" starch, which fights colon cancer and lowers blood sugar levels. The beans must be eaten at room temperature to derive the benefit from the starch. Heating the beans will actually destroy the starch. This article stated a similar process, where the beans are to be cooled after cooking before consuming the broth. Great news!! Thanks for posting.

Is there a specific variety? Or can you use any black beans? Not used much in Oz, so I 'm not sure what to buy.

Veteran Member

Interesting, as I prefer the broth to the beans when it comes to black beans, though I haven't bought any in years. Black beans are the preferred beans in Rio, although, ironically, there is also a different bean called "Carioca" (which means someone/something from Rio). I guess I got a little tired of black beans (they're also big in Venezuela, where I lived years ago), but many, many people of all strata of the socio-economic 'ladder' eat them, with white rice, daily. When I first arrived, I remember thinking how odd that people would go to one of those by-weight buffet restaurants and pay for beans and rice, when they ate them every day at home, too! Right the legumes we eat are mostly black-eyed peas and lentils, which we get organic. Many bean varieties are available organic here. Side note: People here think it's a hoot when they find out that black-eyed peas are actually a food, and not just the name of a band!

Thread Information