Thread: Millions Wrongly Treated for 'Cancer,' National Cancer Institute Panel Confirms

Default Millions Wrongly Treated for 'Cancer,' National Cancer Institute Panel Confirms

Sayer Ji, Founder
    July 31, 2013

A devastating new report commissioned by the National Cancer Institute reveals that our 40-year long 'War on Cancer' has been waged against a vastly misunderstood 'enemy,' that in many cases represented no threat to human health whatsoever.

If you have been following our advocacy work on cancer, particularly in connection with the dark side of breast cancer awareness month, you know that we have been calling for the complete reclassification of some types of 'breast cancer' as benign lesions, e.g. ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), as well as pointing out repeatedly that x-ray based breast screenings are not only highly carcinogenic but are also causing an epidemic of "overdiagnosis" and "overtreatment" in US women, with an estimated 1.3 million cases in the past 30 years alone.

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/mil...panel-confirms

Default Re: Millions Wrongly Treated for 'Cancer,' National Cancer Institute Panel Confirms

I think doctors should also introduce natural remedies to patients. After I was diagnosed, I tried looking for treatments available. I tried out a couple of food supplements but I can say Graviola did the trick.

Default Re: Millions Wrongly Treated for 'Cancer,' National Cancer Institute Panel Confirms

michael, I read a lot about graviola, but haven't spoken to anyone it actually helped. Are you willing to share more information about your cancer, and how you treated it? Only if you feel it is OK.

My confusion stems from the frequent use of two terms interchangeably. Is graviola the same plant as soursop? I have read much in evidence of the two plants being the same, and much in contradiction. Does anyone have the definitive answer?

Maurya, I found this from Dr. Weil's website (he does not recommend graviola to fight cancer):

"I asked Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., director of education at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine here at the University of Arizona, about graviola. Dr. Low Dog, an expert in botanical medicine, told me that it is the common name for Annona reticulata, also known as custard apple, a tree that grows in South America and the Caribbean islands and is prized by locals for its delicious fruit and medicinal properties. She explained that the unripe fruit is used traditionally to treat diarrhea and dysentery. The leaves are taken internally to eliminate worms and other parasites and are also applied topically for poorly healing wounds. The root bark is used to reduce fever.

The idea that graviola is an effective cancer fighter comes from research at Purdue University's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences on the active components of the tree, unique substances known as annonaceous acetogenins. The Purdue investigators found them to be potent inhibitors of cancer cells while leaving normal cells alone. They also found the compounds to be effective against drug-resistant cancer cells."

He goes on to add: Indeed, the compounds used in the test tube studies didn't come from the custard apple tree at all, but from the leaves of annona glabra, a related tree that grows in Florida and produces a fruit called pond apple."

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA40029...against-cancer

Welcome michael_andrew to the forum! We have a New Members section if you wish to introduce yourself. We also ask all new members to read the Rules of the Road in the Getting Started Forum — the link is here:
    http://www.hawkeshealth.net/communit...ead.php?t=5568

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    michael, I read a lot about graviola, but haven't spoken to anyone it actually helped. Are you willing to share more information about your cancer, and how you treated it? Only if you feel it is OK.
    I've had cough for more than a month. Self-medicated cause I thought it was just a common cough. I consulted a doctor when I realized that it's been a month then they found a tumor that's malignant in my lungs. Doc told me to undergo chemo, so I did with Taxol. Luckily, I was clear after a cycle. I know it's common for cancer to recur so I took graviola. So far, my tests are okay. I honestly don't like how chemo damaged my quality of life.

Articles like this: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/bene...rsop-4285.html are often on the internet. It made me consider trying graviola as it says that it doesn't damage the good cells unlike chemo.

Thanks Michael. Can you be sure it wasn't just the chemo? Are you still taking graviola?

Thread Information