Thread: Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Apparently Endorses Nutrtionally Unsound Diet

Default Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Apparently Endorses Nutrtionally Unsound Diet

Alliance For Natural Health
    September 24 2013

Why is the AND considered a nutritional authority by anyone? And why do they want a monopoly on nutrition counseling?

Amy Jamieson-Petonic, a registered dietitian and a spokeswoman for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND, formerly the American Dietetic Association), has endorsed a fad diet built around regimen of white rice and fruit: “The thing about nutrition is you blink your eyes and things change. People are looking for the freshest, the hottest, the latest, the greatest. The Rice Diet is nutritionally sound. Because it’s not the latest and the greatest, I’m wondering if it kind of fell out of popularity.”

What is this Rice Diet? It’s an extremely rigid approach that is designed to cause weight loss and reverse disease, dramatically limiting salt, sugar, protein, and fat—in fact, almost everything except white rice and fruit. Dieters are promised fast weight loss of up to thirty pounds the first month, followed by three pounds per week in the later phases. Originally designed as a two-to-four week “boot camp,” the program was developed by a Registered Dietitian and her husband to become a book, The Rice Diet Solution.

http://www.anh-usa.org/and-rice-diet/

Veteran Member

Default Re: Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Apparently Endorses Nutrtionally Unsound Diet

There are all kinds of diets out there, some good, some okay, and some really bad. A number of years ago I decided to try vegetarianism, thinking it was a healthier way to eat. As such, I ate a lot of grain products, including rice. This lasted about 3 weeks, at which time just about every system in my body was messed up. To celebrate my departure from a bad idea, I bought a nice steak and fixed it with sauteed mushrooms, salad, and veggies. I think that was the best meal I've ever eaten.

Default Re: Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Apparently Endorses Nutrtionally Unsound Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemywesties View Post
    I bought a nice steak and fixed it with sauteed mushrooms, salad, and veggies. I think that was the best meal I've ever eaten.
    And probably the healthiest

This sounds like a starvation diet and the weight loss would be due to lack of nutrition. There is no balance. One can lose weight with meals of only meat, but it's not healthy either.
    “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    ~ Mark Twain~

And these are probably the people who advise on hospital diets!

Thread Information