Thread: Calcification and Its Treatment with Magnesium and Sodium Thiosulfate

Default Calcification and Its Treatment with Magnesium and Sodium Thiosulfate

Thank you Maurya for the link! This is a bit long and technical, but has good information.

Dr. Sircus
    December 8, 2009

Calcium is essential to health yet it holds a hidden danger that brings us to our graves much quicker then we would like. Calcium is the most promoted nutrient by proponents of conventional, nutritional, and alternative medicine. This is a great and tragic mistake. They should have been promoting magnesium. Magnesium deficiency leads to an increase in myocardial levels of both sodium and calcium. This is a problem because Coronary Artery calcium is a predictor of near-term coronary heart disease events. In the face of growing magnesium deficiencies calcium becomes increasingly more toxic to human physiology.

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesi...um-thiosulfate

Default Re: Calcification and Its Treatment with Magnesium and Sodium Thiosulfate

Excellent article. Thank you Maurya and Reesacat.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Calcification and Its Treatment with Magnesium and Sodium Thiosulfate

Thanks Maurya and Reesacat for a good article. Some of this I already knew, but much of it I didn't.

A naturopathic doctor told me to stop taking calcium supplements altogether, which I did do even though I'm somewhat lactose intolerant and don't consume dairy products other than a little butter now and then. She did recommend 400 mg. of magnesium, which is very difficult for me without causing diarrhea. I was able to do this with mag glycinate without much problem, but I now wonder if that was because the tablets weren't completely dissolving. (They are extremely hard and don't dissolve in water.) I do okay with low-dose "Calm", which is mag citrate. I am continuing to increase the dose slowly--very slowly!. I also try to eat mag rich foods.

I had some sort of a gut infection I am trying to resolve, but the side effect of that was intolerance of oral magnesium for right now. (I am getting better and have been able to take very small doses once or twice a week using Aaltrude's trick of emptying a capsule of almost all the contents and mixing in food).

But in the meantime I am using ionic magnesium and topical magnesium gel with the occasional Epsom salts bath.

I am taking magnesium right now because I have read and also told that having too much calcium in my system could have called my kidney stones. The doc told me to watch my calcium intake. He never suggested to take magnesium...

That's because MDs have no training in nutrition — one 3-credit course at best.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information