Thread: Healing Eczema from Within

Default Healing Eczema from Within

Mary Vance, NC
    March 7, 2013

If you have eczema, you’ve likely been dealing with it since childhood. The redness, swelling, itching, dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, and/or bleeding that accompanies eczema typically crops up in childhood or infancy and can be a life long struggle. I have a few clients with eczema, some so severe that the itching interferes with sleep and even social engagements. Conventional medicine may tell you there is no “cure” for eczema, but it is possible to heal eczema or improve your symptoms, beginning by healing from the inside out.

Forget all the topical creams and steroids you’ve been given– those don’t address the underlying cause.

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://primaldocs.com/opinion/healin...a-from-within/

Veteran Member

Default Re: Healing Eczema from Within

Some of this article I agree with, but some of it is a case of barking up the wrong tree. Not all eczema begins at infancy or childhood. I didn't develop eczema until about 5 years ago, and I'm probably closer to my second childhood than the first one. I think adult-onset eczema can be both stress- and allergy-related and that certain foods and/or personal care products don't just exacerbate the condition, they can actually cause it.

The spot or two of eczema I get off and on is pretty mild so I've never gone all out to pinpoint the cause. (Going gluten-free and 99 percent dairy-free had very little effect.) I live in a dry climate, which seems to make it worse. A dermatologist told me I'm allergic to latex and prescribed an ointment. He also suggested Aquaphor cream (OTC, cheap) for my winter-dry, itchy skin. I've found that a little of the Aquaphor works just as well as the prescription stuff, which I rarely need to use. Avoiding latex hasn't totally gotten rid of the problem but it has helped.

Thread Information