Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A long journey back

Default Re: A long journey back

Quote Originally Posted by Tara48 View Post
    Thanks, Mellowsong. I tried your link, but it didn't go anywhere. I'm very interested in ketosis, so I'll try to find the subject in the threads.
    Hmm, not working now for me either. It was simply a link with all the search results using the word KETOSIS. You could try doing that yourself maybe?

Wow Tara, your story is worthy of a book autobiography. I responded to a post you left left yesterdays on Mercola, not knowing you were here on HH as well. I'm glad Islander led you here as you will find this to be your favorite health site I'm sure. She has been a mother hen to me since I first came to know her. You are certain to find additional very knowledgeable and caring people here. I wish you the very best in your pursuit of good health.
    “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    ~ Mark Twain~

Thank you for your kind wishes, wr7467. What a great quote by Dresden James!

Welcome, Tara (I love your name) and thank you for your story. You're much stronger than I could have been.

Thanks for the welcome, highlander. You'd be amazed at what you can do!

Veteran Member

I echo the welcome to HH, Tara. I'm astounded at how you've been able to turn your life around, and think your story would be extremely helpful to many people. Have you considered writing an ebook now, about how things have gone up to this point, rather than waiting? That's quite a story right there! So many people need the hope your story could give them. Why wait? Then you could always write another one later chronicling your journey from where you left off.

Excellent idea Pattypans. Go for it Tara!

Thanks for the encouragement, Pattypans and Julieann. I'm working on the ebook now, and hope to have it finished by the time I have been off medications for a year. It's still hard to organize my thoughts, I'm missing quite a lot of brain volume. But I'm journalling every day what is working and what is not in my quest to regain my health. I should be episode free for one year before I share what I have done with other bipolar people. So far, so good. I went off my good diet through the holidays, but it didn't destabilize me. Now it's back to my prior discipline, and I'm looking forward to the new Wahl's protocol book coming out in March for more great ideas on how to heal my brain. I know I'm not growing my brain back yet, because I can't get my average fasting blood glucose below 90. I'm going to try more coconut oil, and intermittent fasting. But it just may take time to repair my pancreas, antipsychotic meds injure the pancreas. In the meantime, it may be helpful to others on the same journey just to document how long it takes, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information