Thread: Wi-Fi-allergic Americans flock to West Virginia town where Wi-Fi is banned

Default Wi-Fi-allergic Americans flock to West Virginia town where Wi-Fi is banned

Sorry, can't seem to delete that white space.
    J. D. Heyes
    March 16, 2014

(NaturalNews) Scores of people who believe that continual exposure to wireless signals have made them ill have begun streaming to a small town in West Virginia where Wi-Fi has been banned.

According to Britain's Daily Mail, these "Wi-Fi refugees" are making the move to Green Bank, a tiny place located inside the U.S. National Radio Quiet Zone, established by the FCC in November 1958 to "minimize possible harmful interference to the National Radio Astronomy Observatory" located there, according to the observatory's website.

Read more: http://www.naturalnews.com/044336_Wi...uiet_Zone.html
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Wi-Fi-allergic Americans flock to West Virginia town where Wi-Fi is banned

I am wondering why this radio telescope in West Virginia has such a large quite zone around it. We have a very similar Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA) just a few miles from my house. It is one of several in the US, in a network extending from here to Hawaii in the west. Although my cell phone is out of range near the VLBA, we certainly do not have anywhere near the extent of "Quiet Zone" around it that this one in the article seems to have. I can research further about the National Radio Astronomy Observatory to try to figure out why.

Thread Information