Thread: Leading Heart Expert Says Fats are NOT to Blame for Heart Disease (cholesterol)

Default Leading Heart Expert Says Fats are NOT to Blame for Heart Disease (cholesterol)

I continue to print these because visitors to this site may not be aware that we got it wrong back in the 50s, and that our bodies need cholesterol in every cell!

Elizabeth Renter

March 11th, 2014

The low-fat craze of recent decades has been called into question in the last few years, as many scientists and health experts say it isn’t fats we should be concerned about at all. What’s more, it’s coming to light that saturated fats are not the villains when it comes to heart disease. Dr. James DiNicolantonio, a cardiovascular researcher based in New York, recently penned an editorial in the medical journal Open Heart saying low-fat diets do not curb heart disease or help you live longer.
    “We need a public health campaign as strong as the one we had in the 70s and 80s demonizing saturated fats, to say that we got it wrong,” said Dr. DiNicolantonio in his paper.
    Dietary advice still being perpetuated today is based on evidence from the 1950s, evidence DiNicolantonio says is flawed. This research, from more than 50 years ago was based on data from six countries, in a pool of research including 16 countries. The study author back then cherry-picked his findings to fit his hypothesis, according to DiNicolantonio.

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/leading-he...6401-323119937
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Leading Heart Expert Says Fats are NOT to Blame for Heart Disease (cholesterol)

I would love to send this, and other reports, to a friend of mine, but I fear it would make little difference. This guy eats only egg whites and avoids all fats because of the cholesterol scare. We don't argue, but he ignores anything I say, so I've given up.

He also stays out of the sun - yesterday was cool and cloudy with a few showers, but he still wore a wide-brimmed hat! He works indoors all week, so he's getting practically no vitamin D. The sad thing is that he is very health conscious and hopes to live a long life.

Default Re: Leading Heart Expert Says Fats are NOT to Blame for Heart Disease (cholesterol)

That's sad, but I have to laugh at the irony. Do people with closed minds deserve to die young?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information