Thread: Pumpkin Seed Oil Found To Help Reverse Balding

Default Pumpkin Seed Oil Found To Help Reverse Balding

Case Adams
    June 2 2014

Researchers from the Republic of Korea's Pusan National University have confirmed that pumpkin seed oil increases hair growth among balding men.
    The medical researchers tested the pumpkin seed oil on 76 male patients with moderate androgenic alopecia – male pattern hair loss. None of the patients had tried any previous medication, supplement or topical therapy for at least three months prior to the beginning of the study. The researchers recruited 90 patients, but excluded those with high liver enzyme levels.
    The patients were divided into two groups and half were given a placebo. The treatment consisted of giving the patients 400 milligrams of the pumpkin seed oil per day in capsules. They were given two capsules before breakfast and two capsules before dinner.
    After three months and at the end of the study at six months the patients were assessed using blinded practitioner analysis, and given a point score, which ranged from -3 (greatly decreased) to +3 (greatly increased).

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/pum...erse-balding-2

Default Re: Pumpkin Seed Oil Found To Help Reverse Balding

My son started this a couple of weeks ago. He is 46, and slightly thinning on top, so I'll be interested to see if it works.

It will be interesting to see if it helps him — the science seems sound behind the use.

Certified Organic pumpkin seed oil, combined with saw palmetto berry extract, have proven very effective in reversing male pattern baldness in men. Each separately has proven effective against male baldness, but the synergy of the two together is a better bet.

Thanks Mr Wiz. Do you have any links to that information? Have there been studies? I would send it on to him. He bought the PSO when I sent him the above link from greenmedinfo.

@Julieanne:....Lots of information (anecdotal & scientific) available on saw palmetto and pumpkin oil helping to restore hair growth. Personally, I have benefitted from using a product that combines both. Here's the link to the product: http://www.herb-pharm.com/store/prod...roducts_id=345 Also, here are couple of links that speak to the positive hair regrowth after using saw palmetto.
    http://www.healthcentral.com/peoples...408/20853.html

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-effectiv...r-regrowth.htm

I have also noticed more hair growth with the addition of curcumin too.

I am curious Mr. Wizard — do you know if this has helped women with hair loss also?

Thanks Mr Wiz, I'll have a read and send him the links. The study says to take 400mg of PSO a day, but the capsules he bought are 1000mg. He is not really familiar with all this, so I don't know what dose he is taking. Probably what it says on the bottle, and you can't cut an oily capsule in half! The link you sent with the combined ingredients has only 40mg PSO.

Reesacat, from one of the links: 'women with high levels of testosterone due to menopause or hormonal abnormalities can also be affected. Studies have shown that using saw palmetto daily can lower the amounts of DHT being produced and absorbed by follicles on the scalp.'
    Last edited by Julieanne; 06-24-14 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reesacat View Post
    I am curious Mr. Wizard — do you know if this has helped women with hair loss also?
    Reesacat: I have no personal knowledge of whether women have been helped, but it certainly sounds promising for women. Read this: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5497851_be...tto-women.html
    And, this: http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-the...-for-women.htm scroll down to the section on "Hair Growth."

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Thanks Mr Wiz, I'll have a read and send him the links. The study says to take 400mg of PSO a day, but the capsules he bought are 1000mg.....The link you sent with the combined ingredients has only 40mg PSO.'
    400 mg of PSO may be necessary if taken alone. But, when combining PSO and saw palmetto, perhaps the synergy of the two yields benefits at lower amounts. I find the product with 40 mg. of Organic POS to be sufficient for me. I would be somewhat cautious about taking 1000 mg of POS. Sounds like a lot to me.
    Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 06-27-14 at 07:18 PM.

Thank you Julieanne and Mr. Wizard

Again, thanks Mr Wiz. He bought quite a lot of this stuff to save on shipping costs. He told me the info he found on dosage was mostly for prostate problems, and that recommends a high dose. So it seems if he combines it with saw palmetto he will need even less. I sent him your comment, and he will probably buy some SP.

I guess he could take one capsule every other day? That would give him 500mg a day. What do you think?

I think 500 mg a day is a better way to begin. It's always safer to start with a smaller amount and then build up, if needed. If he adds saw palmetto, the 500 mg. a day may be sufficient. It took me about 2 months before seeing noticeable hair growth. After about 4 months--using the pumpkin oil and saw palmetto together, I saw significant growth...so much so that evevn my barber commented on it. But, the greatest regrowth occurred when I also added curcumin. So, tell your son to be patient for the hair growth. And, in the meantime while he's waiting to see hair growth, he can rest assured he's doing great things for his prostate and his overall health.
    Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 06-27-14 at 07:17 PM.

I'll pass it on, and hope he takes notice.

Thread Information