Johannes Starke
June 30, 2014

Do you ever feel resistant and overwhelmed in response to some everyday needs or tasks such as: Taking a rest break when you know your body needs it? Refilling your pills or charting your progress as you are trying to get better? Maybe even simple tasks such as brushing your teeth or getting ready for bed?

Part of it is that the flu-like symptoms and brain fog of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) or Fibromyalgia (FM) make any seemingly easy task more difficult. Another part of it—the part I want to offer some help for in this article—is that the brains of people with ME/CFS or FM work differently from those of healthy people. Let me first share with you how scientific findings in ME/CFS and FM explain why we feel easily listless and overwhelmed. Then, in the next section, I will share with you a way of working around your brain handicaps. This has worked for me and others.

Read more: Combating Overwhelm, Resistance, or Listlessness in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2014...igue-syndrome/