Thread: Drop Your Risk Of Dying From Cancer And Heart Disease Up To 60% With Vitamin K

Default Drop Your Risk Of Dying From Cancer And Heart Disease Up To 60% With Vitamin K

Dr. Frank Shallenberger
    August 29, 2014

First, let me say that I'm very excited to take the helm at Second Opinion. Robert and I have been friends and colleagues for years. And while I am sorry to see him retire from writing, I am thrilled for the chance to bring my healing message to his readers too. So let me welcome you to the new Second Opinion health alerts.
    Vitamin K has always been a relatively ignored vitamin — especially when you compare it to vitamin D, for example. But recently there have been quite a few studies showing that vitamin K may be every bit as important as any other vitamin out there. And a new study just published indicates that increasing your vitamin K intake can dramatically lower your chances of dying from anything!

To read the rest of the article go to:
    http://www.secondopinionnewsletter.c...ed-vitamin.htm

Default Re: Drop Your Risk Of Dying From Cancer And Heart Disease Up To 60% With Vitamin K

This is great news about vit. K. The end of the article refers specifically to vit. K2. However, the sources given for vit. K (broccoli, etc.) are better sources of vit. K1. The best sources for K2 are fermented products, like Japanese natto (fermented soybeans), kimchi, curd cheese, gouda cheese, etc. Also, vit. K2 has different forms (MK-4 through MK-10). Much of the research seems to suggest that vit. K2 MK-7 and MK-4 are best.

Default Re: Drop Your Risk Of Dying From Cancer And Heart Disease Up To 60% With Vitamin K

Thanks Wiz! I thought there were some amazingly poor conflations and omissions in an otherwise informative article.

Interesting to learn that Dr. Rowan is retiring.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thank you Mr. Wizard for the clarifications — most articles I see don't clarify the different types of Vitamin K and their food sources.

Veteran Member

Natto supposedly contains the most K2, but from what I've seen of it I don't think I could gag it down. Fortunately, there are other foods high in K1 and K2 that are more palatable. Anyone eating a healthy diet with plenty of meat, eggs, and veggies shouldn't need to supplement. Chicken, in particular, is a good choice. Here's a good article on K2:

http://chriskresser.com/vitamin-k2-the-missing-nutrient

Thank you for the great article LMW — I didn't know sauerkraut has Vitamin K2! Yay! I can't eat butter, so that is good news.

Oh my yes, time to replenish the sauerkraut!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information