Thread: Research Reveals How Sugar CAUSES Cancer

Default Research Reveals How Sugar CAUSES Cancer

Sayer Ji, Founder
    Saturday, August 30th 2014

The average American consumes their body weight annually in this cancer-causing substance, and yet hospitals freely feed it to their cancer patients, oblivious to the harm it does.

Hospitals feed cancer patients sugar and high carbohydrate diets for a reason: they are abysmally ignorant of the role of nutrition in health and disease -- hence their burgeoning growth and packed rooms.

Even though the science itself shows – at least since the mid-20's with Otto Warburg's cancer hypothesis -- that tumors prefer to utilize sugar fermentation to produce energy rather than the much more efficient oxygen-based phosphorylation* – hospitals have actually invited corporations like McDonald's to move into their facilities to 'enhance' their patient's gustatory experience, presumably to provide comfort and take the edge off of the painful surgery, radiation and chemo treatments erroneously proffered to them as the only reasonable 'standard of care.'

Read more: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/res...-cancer?page=1
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Research Reveals How Sugar CAUSES Cancer

Granted, most hospitals have no idea as to proper nutrition, and far be it from me to argue with anyone as knowledgeable as Sayer Ji, but I've known plenty of people who have lived long, productive, cancer-free lives even though they dearly loved their sugars and simple carbohydrates. No doubt much of the article and the research is spot-on, but, as usual when it comes to the human body, it likely isn't quite so cut and dried. Obviously, if a person already has cancer, it makes no sense to "feed" that cancer, but I seriously doubt that sugar in moderation will cause cancer in an otherwise healthy individual.

"An otherwise healthy individual", and who might that person be? Each of us lives in the real world, where we have only a limited control over what we eat and drink, and no control at all over what we breathe. Statistics will indicate that many people will succumb to a cancer if a high quantity of sugar is eaten; none of this evidence is proven false if a few individuals are found who lie outside the curve on either end.

I can't help but wonder how much is correlation vs. causation. Yes, Paleo humans probably had access to little sugar in any form and were physically much more active than modern humans. It would certainly be wise to minimize or even eliminate our consumption of refined sugar. I do think that Sayer tends toward the alarmist these days, a la Mercola.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Maurya, I did say sugar consumption "in moderation", meaning light usage. While it isn't the greatest choice as far as nutrition goes, I can't see the occasional muffin or slice of birthday cake causing cancer. Healthy people simply aren't that fragile. Obviously heavy sugar consumption can become problematic in more ways than one, but I don't agree that we have only limited control over what we eat or drink. We have plenty of control; many people just don't exercise that control.

When I was helping my friend to fight her pancreatic tumors, I came across an abundance of research showing sugar was "fuel on the fire" for cancer cells. Cancer cells consume sugar at a rate 40% higher than normal cells. Vitamin C is one nutrient fairly effective against "some" cancer cells because these cells see vit. C as sugar and allows it to enter the cell. I struggle a little with the concept that "sugar causes cancer." However, excessive sugar intake depletes the body of critical minerals, and the loss of important minerals weakens the immune system. In the final analysis, cancer is a disease of a weakened immune system.

I know what I would call a moderate sugar intake (piece of birthday cake, cookie or pie at holidays) most people would call a "no sugar" intake!

Veteran Member

Reesacat, exactly! I probably should have said "modest" or "drastically limited" rather than "moderate" but your description of moderate is about the same as mine.

Thread Information